Anyone else upset about Siren being the healer now?

#1velvet_hammerPosted 9/7/2012 5:38:11 PM
Glad half my skills trees will be pointless unless I'm doing coop... :(
Mord, and Lilith is better then any of these 4 easily.. Kind of disappointed in the new classes from what I have seen so far
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#2backspace8908Posted 9/7/2012 5:41:06 PM
Well u don't have to get those skills
All 4 characters have skills that give their team mates more ammo, faster reload, faster fire rate, and/or heal
But if u play solo than don't buy those skills
Simple
---
Gamertag: RenegadeSilence
#3XRamzaXPosted 9/7/2012 5:42:55 PM
Only built axton and sal so far but I have a feeling she will be fine from the footage i've seen. Plus isn't one of her trees all about elemental damage?

I remember harmony being the healing tree, meaning one healing, one CC and one damage.

I can't really put out my feeling though since I wasn't a siren main in the last game, I always liked mord better >.>

I will be back in here in a few once I look at her builds and decide one since I plan on playing everyone at some point.
---
Be nice to newbs, you shall be one again someday.
#4velvet_hammer(Topic Creator)Posted 9/7/2012 5:44:25 PM
After reading all these skill trees I'm definitely going Zero now.. Screw the Siren they messed her up
---
I must be Charlie Sheen reincarnate, because all I do is keep on winning
#5DarquePosted 9/7/2012 5:49:30 PM
Boo Hoo

There's nothing wrong with the character.
---
Jill Valentine > You
#6Amber_RisingPosted 9/7/2012 5:54:19 PM
No. I actually like her being the healer.
---
http://oi47.tinypic.com/t8u2pg.jpg
You must be this tall to ride.
#7EasygoingBirdPosted 9/7/2012 5:59:17 PM
Makes more sense than the soldier class being a healer...
---
Going to Mcdonalds with heart disease. Heavy risk, but the FRIIIIES
GT: Dr Chowder
#8ShuyinVsTidusPosted 9/7/2012 6:02:07 PM(edited)
After Roland got screwed over by pretty much being a pure support character? Nope. Somebody else can have that crap. He had a support tree and healer tree but healing is a support role... Way to go devs... X_X

---
Foolish mortals and your petty squabbles
Giga-Graviton > Zanmato
#9XRamzaXPosted 9/7/2012 6:01:09 PM(edited)
hmmm siren seems fine. Even her harmony tree is decent for solo play except that her mid game changer will be useless.

Also not sure how good thoughtlock will be. If it changes how phaselock works then certain skills like converge (in the same tree) might not work now.

On top of that, it depends on how smart the AI will be against their friends since on certain enemies you do pitiful damage if not hitting a critical spot.

Cataclysm looks pretty good though. Elemental damage is already amazing and she is causing pretty much all of it at the same time to multiple enemies. Combine this with converge from the motion tree and it could get ugly.

I am a little disappointed at scorn though, yeah it is an extra ability that has its own cooldown but ruin already does that plus 10x more and seems like a real final game changer.

Being able to res from long range though...... I have a feeling my friends are going to be leaning on me to change from axton to maya for our team play.
---
Be nice to newbs, you shall be one again someday.
#10stickboy2323Posted 9/7/2012 6:07:50 PM
Nope.