Will you be able to upgrade weapons kind of like in Diablo?

#1aaroncortPosted 9/9/2012 10:40:23 AM
What I mean is that in Diablo some weapons had slots that you could install gems into which increased the weapons stats.

This is one thing that I felt was missing from the first borderlands. Have they talked about implementing this in the sequel?

I did a quick search but nothing came up.
#2boktai3Posted 9/9/2012 10:42:14 AM
aaroncort posted...
What I mean is that in Diablo some weapons had slots that you could install gems into which increased the weapons stats.

This is one thing that I felt was missing from the first borderlands. Have they talked about implementing this in the sequel?

that's e-tech in this game, it is used to vastly change how a weapon work. its not minor like in diablo where its +10dmg or something, it turns a a siper into a rail gun, and so on.
---
http://mm-hk.com/referral/02b0ef07cb9c99074e79ae21b1b74d4f0da4e4e7
come have some fun.
#3aaroncort(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2012 10:44:05 AM
boktai3 posted...
aaroncort posted...

that's e-tech in this game, it is used to vastly change how a weapon work. its not minor like in diablo where its +10dmg or something, it turns a a siper into a rail gun, and so on.

oh sweet jesus that's good news. I love saving up upgrade items for that special rare weapon that might drop at any moment. Thanks for the info. I can't wait til the 18th
#4Arc1med5Posted 9/9/2012 12:23:09 PM
Sorry to burst your bubble. E-tech weapons are found not made or upgraded as the case may be. E-tech weapons even have there own color rarity. Watch the 2 hour livestream, they show one in that video towards the end.
#5aaroncort(Topic Creator)Posted 9/10/2012 3:56:29 PM
Arc1med5 posted...
Sorry to burst your bubble. E-tech weapons are found not made or upgraded as the case may be. E-tech weapons even have there own color rarity. Watch the 2 hour livestream, they show one in that video towards the end.

Well poop, I wonder if there's a reason for it. Perhaps there's just too many ways to break the system if guns allowed for extra player modding. Oh well.
---
Steam: Avant_Tarde
#6The OnionPosted 9/10/2012 3:59:20 PM
Arc1med5 posted...
link to this live stream?
#7UrserperPosted 9/10/2012 4:24:11 PM
The Onion posted...
Arc1med5 posted...
link to this live stream?

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/09/04/ign-live-presents-borderlands-2
---
"Two grand slams in a week - man, that's seven or eight ribbies right there." - Bill Madlock
#8kel25Posted 9/10/2012 5:28:25 PM
Arc1med5 posted...

Anthony Burch (I think that is his name) said that you could upgrade weapons and gave a few examples in an interview from a while back. Sounds like you can upgrade into E-tech and find it.
#9BoxTheMuppetPosted 9/10/2012 5:33:35 PM
E-tech talk in this vid. I still don't get how it works or why I want my sniper rifle to shoot lasers. I think it's late in the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm10JA9iKIk&feature=youtube_gdata_player
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!