So, if BL2 takes place five years after the events of BL1.....

#1OctotronPosted 9/11/2012 4:37:09 PM
That means we're smack dab in the middle of winter. According to the BLands story, practically al of the fauna are hibernating at this time. Shouldn't this mean ther are very few types of enemies in BLands 2 AND that the areas should be mostly tundra and arctic?

Gearbox gots some splainin' to do.
---
Known as The Elite on the Ireland Board.
#2stickboy2323Posted 9/11/2012 4:37:57 PM
Maybe it's a different hemisphere?
#3Ki_cat_Posted 9/11/2012 4:41:38 PM
If it's 5 *years* it should be the exact same season. Hibernation means they can be woken up though by a planet destroying villain.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#4Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 9/11/2012 4:45:12 PM
Why would it be winter if it's 5 years later...? And it was my understanding that 2 takes place in an entirely different place than 1, or are we revisiting some of the same locales?
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - Any platform, any genre! NOT for the easily offended!
#5bluehat94Posted 9/11/2012 4:46:46 PM
Well, not everywhere experiences winter the same, most of the places in B2 might be nearer to the equator, There are snowy areas though too.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#6IronSasquatchPosted 9/11/2012 4:48:51 PM
This is all assuming Pandora has a 1 year time-of-revolution, which it almost certainly doesn't. If you remember, the day cycle itself is over 90 hours long. 5 years could equate to a third of a revolution. We don't know.
---
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.
#7Octotron(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2012 4:52:29 PM(edited)
If it's 5 *years* it should be the exact same season. Hibernation means they can be woken up though by a planet destroying villain.

The summer lasts 3 years and the winter lasts 7.
Maybe with Handsome Jack, the fauna is waking up, but they couldn't be very strong.
Also another thing, if Jack is blocking out the light (which doesn't come directly from any sun but by sunlight being reflected off Pandora's moon), doesn't that mean, the world will be even COLDER?

Maybe it's a different hemisphere?

Apparently, it takes place on the 'east coast' of Pandora, suggesting the planet only has one continent. The Sanctuary is close by to the area of BL1, so it can't be a different geographical location altogether.
---
#8bluehat94Posted 9/11/2012 4:54:52 PM(edited)
How much into Summer does the first game take pace, because it very well could have been right at the end of the Summer, so that would put us right at the beginning of the following Summer.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#9Octotron(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2012 4:56:33 PM
How much into Summer does the first game take pace, because it very well could have been right at the end of the Summer so that would put us right at the beginning of the following Summer.

This is a possibility people, though IIRC it was the start of summer. I vaguely recall something along the lines of "but now the planet is getting warmer, and Pandora's creatures are awakening....." describing BL1.
---
#10bluehat94Posted 9/11/2012 4:57:18 PM
I always thought that was describing the first summer.
---