Salvador No Kill Like Overkill

#1XRamzaXPosted 9/11/2012 5:02:59 PM
I remember people talking about this skill before we had the skill builds and thinking it would either be overpowered because people thought it would stack damage or it would suck because an extra 30 damage on your next shot won't help that much.

I was wondering what people think about it now? On the last poll we had almost 50 people going to main this tree.
---
Be nice to newbs, you shall be one again someday.
#2CrayonmuffinPosted 9/11/2012 5:06:00 PM
If you only do an extra 30 damage then that's a problem. But by the time you even get down to that skill in level you should be dealing a ton of damage so it could be in the 1000s of extra damage on the next shot
---
360 only ATM. I need a new PC.
Currently awaiting: Borderlands 2, Dishonored, XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Halo 4, Black Ops 2.
#3JustinTheJaggedPosted 9/11/2012 5:10:17 PM
With rocket launchers and shotguns it will probably be nasty. Especially with skills like money shot.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#4XRamzaX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2012 5:21:44 PM
Seems rather weak for a final skill, requiring a lot of work by lowering the enemies hp then switching to a weapon that is on its last round to kill an enemy just for bonus damage on the next enemy.

It will really come down to how much we do versus how much hp they have. From what I remember in the last game, you didn't do crap in the core game by 2.5.

This will make using anything but rockets and shotguns useless. Snipers will be decent on certain enemies but without being able to scope in they will need large crit spots.

There are a few ways to read the skill and I am hoping the way I am reading it is right. You may notice that the skill doesnt say anywhere that it is bonus damage only on your next shot.

It says you will get bonus damage equal to your overkill damage. We picked up on your next shot from what Randy pitchford said.

If you get bonus damage to all shots fired until your next overkill it would make this skill useful for all weapons. The problem with this is if there isn't a timer for when this would fade it would make it too easy to exploit.
---
#5WestSdeNleVrusPosted 9/11/2012 5:24:35 PM
^ I'm more on the poo poo side of the skill myself. But as you pointed out it could be pretty beastly with splash damage and thus most useful with rockets.
#6CrayonmuffinPosted 9/11/2012 5:24:54 PM
You don't have to switch guns to trigger that ability? You just have to kill them. And while gunzerking you have potential to do insane excess damage, and apply it to the next enemy, kill him, and continue with it. I don't see how it's not a good skill to have.
---
Currently awaiting: Borderlands 2, Dishonored, XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Halo 4, Black Ops 2.
#7XRamzaX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2012 5:40:25 PM
^

The problem is if it only applies to your next shot it will be worthless by 2.5
The enemies have waaaay more hp compared to the amount of damage you do, even with shotguns (if damage vs health works like it did in the last game)

If the enemy has 10k hp and your shotgun does 1k damage. So you need to shoot the enemy 10 times to kill him. Say you get him down to 500 hp and you kill him.

Now your next shot is only going to do 1500 damage.

I hope it doesnt work this way but who knows.... I found it ironic that the picture is someone shooting a fly because if it does work that way, that is about all you will use this skill for......
---
#8CrayonmuffinPosted 9/11/2012 5:49:00 PM
Even by 2.5 it won't be completely irrelevant. Considering you get better loot and whatnot. Plus every bit of extra damage can help. In any case I'm going to use it.
---
#9XRamzaX(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2012 5:54:12 PM
I understand that if you are already going to the bottom of the gunlust tree then it is only one extra point. But if it only does damage on your next shot it will probably be overshadowed by his other two gamechangers

it's tough to call atm because the skill builders are so vague. I mean we don't know how long you need to hold down the triggers to get to 88% and we don't know how much damage reduction we get for come at me bro.

But I am really hoping that the bonus damage effects all shots fired until your next overkill damage, Randy has been wrong before.

Just wanted to hear others opinions on it and read some posts that aren't joke topics.
---
#10JustinTheJaggedPosted 9/11/2012 5:56:42 PM
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8571/shot0007zf.png

With one of these it might be a sweet skill.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.