A few Borderlands 2 questions, very specific...

#1Tenkaichi06Posted 9/11/2012 5:50:50 PM
I had Borderlands 1 on DAY 1 and so I am by no means new to the franchise, probably a bit more experienced with the first one than most of you.

However, I haven't been following the second one so much. I'm hearing things about "Badass ranks" and 2 person online splitscreen and of course, people already planning on ripping the game off by giving their main character a bunch of Sanctuary keys, which unfortunately for you guys, won't be do-able because they won't be droppable, lololol.

But what is this Badass rank? And is there really going to be 2 player splitscreen online?
---
PSN / XBL: Tenkaichi06
#2g52Posted 9/11/2012 5:53:40 PM
Badass rank is just stat bonuses.

Yes to splitscreen online co-op.
#3Tenkaichi06(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2012 5:59:02 PM
How do you get badass rank?
---
#4CrayonmuffinPosted 9/11/2012 5:59:41 PM
Tenkaichi06 posted...
How do you get badass rank?

Completing challenges in game.
---
360 only ATM. I need a new PC.
Currently awaiting: Borderlands 2, Dishonored, XCOM:Enemy Unknown, Halo 4, Black Ops 2.
#5mst3kfan78Posted 9/11/2012 6:00:54 PM
The Badass ranks are replacing the weapon proficiencies from the first game. As you complete Challenges (kill # of bandits with pistols, etc.) you get badass ranks. With enough of those you get a Badass Token. With the token you get to choose a perk from a random 5 perks out of 12 total perks (I think it's 12 perks, right everyone?).

These are a few of the perks you can choose from:
Max Health
Shield Capacity
Shield Recharge Delay
Shield Recharge Rate
Melee Damage
Grenade Damage
Gun Accuracy
Gun Damage
Fire Rate
Recoil Reduction
Reload Speed
Critical Hit Damage
---
You should place your genitals between your toilet and the seat and then just slam the seat up and down repeatedly.
#6Unpure_EuphoriaPosted 9/11/2012 6:02:39 PM
^ that doesn't sound like a replacement for proficiencies, bl1 had challenges and they even had exp rewards.
---
GT: iAmTheTot - No, really, I am.
http://lawlgaming.chatango.com/ - Live uncensored chat for gamers - Any platform, any genre! NOT for the easily offended!
#7Tenkaichi06(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2012 6:05:24 PM
Awesome. That's a little more interesting and fun than seeing a bunch of different bars, all at different points of progress.

And challenges. I can't wait to start my game up with my my buddies and just WRECK in terms of challenges. Nothing wrong with killing the enemies as fast as possible and getting challenges completed doing so. Only one friend has ever gotten mad at me for it.
---
#8mst3kfan78Posted 9/11/2012 6:06:09 PM
What do you mean they don't sound like a replacement for proficiencies? Weapon proficiencies are gone, Badass ranks are in. Boom, replaced.
---
You should place your genitals between your toilet and the seat and then just slam the seat up and down repeatedly.
#9XRamzaXPosted 9/11/2012 6:06:31 PM
I believe I also saw in a video that you can get loot from challenges. I think he unlocked a skin or head for completing one. I can't really remember though, wasn't paying much attention to that stuff before.

But yes badass ranks are a slightly more refined proficiency system. It now will effect all characters and is useful for all weapons and has slightly different effects like max hp.

Not sure how much I like the system since it feels like it will take much longer to get the big bonuses you could in the last game. I am sure they have balanced it out though.
---
Be nice to newbs, you shall be one again someday.
#10SharazurePosted 9/12/2012 1:28:06 AM
mst3kfan78 posted...
The Badass ranks are replacing the weapon proficiencies from the first game. As you complete Challenges (kill # of bandits with pistols, etc.) you get badass ranks. With enough of those you get a Badass Token. With the token you get to choose a perk from a random 5 perks out of 12 total perks (I think it's 12 perks, right everyone?).

These are a few of the perks you can choose from:
Max Health
Shield Capacity
Shield Recharge Delay
Shield Recharge Rate
Melee Damage
Grenade Damage
Gun Accuracy
Gun Damage
Fire Rate
Recoil Reduction
Reload Speed