Premier Club Code...Pack in or on receipt?

#21EvilAshTwinPosted 9/12/2012 4:01:46 PM
Im not trolling. When I lived in the States, everytime I went into GS to buy a new game it was always given to me open. FFS am I the only one that remembers the whole Deus Ex 3/Gamespot debacle? How do you think they knew about the free vouchers? By opening up the package. They opened ALL copies of Deus Ex HR and removed the vouchers. One of the great debates in gaming is "How can Gamestop charge new game price for a game that has clearly already been opened?"
#22denningtonspPosted 9/12/2012 4:14:08 PM(edited)
EvilAshTwin posted...
Im not trolling. When I lived in the States, everytime I went into GS to buy a new game it was always given to me open. FFS am I the only one that remembers the whole Deus Ex 3/Gamespot debacle? How do you think they knew about the free vouchers? By opening up the package. They opened ALL copies of Deus Ex HR and removed the vouchers. One of the great debates in gaming is "How can Gamestop charge new game price for a game that has clearly already been opened?"

Whilst I can not comment on Gamestop in the USA, HMV in the UK open up all their games, remove the disks and manuals and put the empty boxes on the shelf for sale. When I asked why my new game had already been removed from the box, they said it was to stop people stealing games, because the only thing on the shelf was an empty box.

Ryan2002 posted...

Edit; And if I'm wrong, then so be it. I'll apologize for my outlandish way of thinking and move on.

WHAT! NO! You can not possibly be mature on the internet, accepting you may be wrong on the internet may in fact destroy the time space continuum!

---
GT: scottdennington
Real name made before realising how douchey the internet can be
#23brianvolk42Posted 9/12/2012 4:20:15 PM
EvilAshTwin posted...
One of the great debates in gaming is "How can Gamestop charge new game price for a game that has clearly already been opened?"

Up until a couple of years ago, the 2 different Gamestops I shop at did open new games. I never understood why they did it. They always "resealed" it with a round, clear sticker.
#24xLexLuth0rxPosted 9/12/2012 6:10:46 PM
EvilAshTwin posted...

That was one UNIQUE game that they screwed around with. It's never been their policy to open each and every game they sell. If you honestly believe that, you're completely naive. I hate Gamestop and I hate even more that I have to defend them here...

As to them opening a game to put the box on display and then sell it to you if it's the last copy, you can say no. The fact that it's open isn't hidden.
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#25Edavy89Posted 9/12/2012 6:44:58 PM
I've never bought a game from gamestop that had been opened unless it was a pre-owned game. that's all i can say on the matter.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!
#26StaticPenguinPosted 9/12/2012 7:35:31 PM
Edavy89 posted...
I've never bought a game from gamestop that had been opened unless it was a pre-owned game. that's all i can say on the matter.

I very rarely bought opened new games from Gamestop. Then I started pre-ordering everything and forgot about it until I started working for them.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt