So is 46 skill points the maximum?

#1lightomen1Posted 9/12/2012 3:00:15 PM
I was just playing around with the skill tree builder on the website and noticed it had available 46 points. I like playing hybrid kind of characters so I was going to dabble in 2 maybe 3 of the columns but theres really not enough points, I think I had 16 left after building up enough to get the nuke from the middle column. So my question is will there be extra skill points offered throughout the game? if not I'll have to rethink how I want to build my guy.
---
Wii friend code 5224 8083 0118 6879
GamerTag Lightomen1
#2MalfuntcionJUNCITOMPosted 9/12/2012 3:00:56 PM
No, not until the cap is raised via DLC.
---
It's not God I hate, it's his annoying little fan club I can't stand!
#3Lost_DjinnPosted 9/12/2012 3:01:53 PM
Yup, only if they raise the level cap with DLC will you get more
---
---
"Opinions are immunity to being told you're wrong" - Relient K
#4southminnyboyPosted 9/12/2012 3:03:03 PM
Start rethinking your build....

Down the line they will probably raise the level cap with some DLC but until then it's MOST LIKELY just 46 skill points. (45 really cuz that 1st one goes to the action skill)
---
I wonder what the divorce rate is among polygamists.
#5korruptid239Posted 9/12/2012 3:05:00 PM
Borderlands started the same, but if i remember correctly certain side quests rewarded you with a skill point, this was before all of the DLC that raised the level cap.

So its possible we could have 1, 2 or maybe 3 more via side quests, but its all speculation based on Borderlands 1.
#6CHEEEESEMANPosted 9/12/2012 3:06:32 PM
As of right now, you can only reach the bottom of 1 skill tree. You can get up to 46 skill points (45 usable points because you have to put 1 point into your action skill), and it takes a MINIMUM of 26 points to get to the bottom of a tree. This leaves you with 19 points left to put in other trees.
---
"Man how to people figure this stuff out? A rubber band on the R button." - HYPERMECHA
#7BobbyCreekPosted 9/12/2012 3:06:48 PM
It takes 26 skill points minimum to fill out a skill tree, if they bumped the skill cap up 11 points like the first one in the original game you would have enough points to max out 2 skill trees plus a tiny bit extra. If they bump it up 19 points like the final level cap you would still only be able to max out 2 skill trees but with more leftovers
#8southminnyboyPosted 9/12/2012 3:07:12 PM
korruptid239 posted...
Borderlands started the same, but if i remember correctly certain side quests rewarded you with a skill point, this was before all of the DLC that raised the level cap.

So its possible we could have 1, 2 or maybe 3 more via side quests, but its all speculation based on Borderlands 1.

Only side quest that gave you a skill point was Mad Moxxi's arena and that was DLC
---
I wonder what the divorce rate is among polygamists.
#9CHEEEESEMANPosted 9/12/2012 3:14:54 PM
BobbyCreek posted...
It takes 26 skill points minimum to fill out a skill tree, if they bumped the skill cap up 11 points like the first one in the original game you would have enough points to max out 2 skill trees plus a tiny bit extra. If they bump it up 19 points like the final level cap you would still only be able to max out 2 skill trees but with more leftovers

Although, there is a lot of speculation that even IF you had the points to do so, you may only be able to have 1 final tier "game changer" skill. There are several reasons people feel this way, but the most popular reasons are A) Some classes would be way to OP, imagine having 2 Scopio Turrets with 2 guns on each one and they shoot slag and rockets too. B) Some classes would have conflicting abilities, Maya would slag, electrocute, and corrode the enemy that she was trying to use to attack other enemies. C) If you WERE limited to only 1 "game changer" then builds would be a lot more unique.
---
"Man how to people figure this stuff out? A rubber band on the R button." - HYPERMECHA
#10korruptid239Posted 9/12/2012 3:18:09 PM
CHEEEESEMAN posted...
BobbyCreek posted...

Although, there is a lot of speculation that even IF you had the points to do so, you may only be able to have 1 final tier "game changer" skill. There are several reasons people feel this way, but the most popular reasons are A) Some classes would be way to OP, imagine having 2 Scopio Turrets with 2 guns on each one and they shoot slag and rockets too. B) Some classes would have conflicting abilities, Maya would slag, electrocute, and corrode the enemy that she was trying to use to attack other enemies. C) If you WERE limited to only 1 "game changer" then builds would be a lot more unique.

There are multiple "game changers" in each tree, some at "tier 3" and some at "tier 6", 6 is at bottom of the trees 3 is half way down.

So we can definatly have more than 1 game changer. I think with 46 skill points we can get 3-4 depending on character.