Sweet Release and Elated

#11XRamzaXPosted 9/12/2012 9:12:22 PM
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/siren.php?545001055005355100000000000000

I would go with this build instead. You don't really need the bigger clip since you are building for really good CC with a coop team. It keeps most of the skills you like.

I ran 3 skills into restoration because I always felt 5 points was too many when I played roland since half the time you used this to heal up after battles not during. In battle you are usually better off killing enemies instead of trying to shoot your ally.

In boss fights my friends would just call out healing run straight at me and I would blast them with a shotgun.

On top of that you have so many other ways to heal compared to rolands and now can res them from a distance if things turn ugly (boss or enemy just wont get away from them and is using a knockback skill over and over).

Just my thoughts on this.
---
Be nice to newbs, you shall be one again someday.
#12StreetfighterXI(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 9:17:22 PM
Hmm.. I like this build, but it's still basing on whether or not Sub-sequence would worrant Elated. Also how often would Res be useful in a full party especially since it uses phaselock.
---
"In the Darkest Hour, Hope Springs Eternal" - Lunar Eternal Blue
#13XRamzaXPosted 9/12/2012 9:31:09 PM
Res is probably one of the best skills in the game. Phaselock is on a natural 13 second timer, extremely short and is getting reduced by 30% from your skill.

If you have two people go down against a really hard boss you usually don't have time to run over and hold down the button and wait for it to get them back up.

The other time res come in handy is when a boss or enemy has a skill that will interrupt your res and throw you back. I can't count the amount of times I had a friend die because the boss would just sit on top of his body spamming this type of move.

Res gives a lot of utility for one single point. Also remember that phaselock will only do damage against enemies who can't be phaselocked. On any boss who can't be phaselocked you can use this as an instant long range res.
---
Be nice to newbs, you shall be one again someday.
#14StreetfighterXI(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 9:36:46 PM
You know what, you're right about being able to use res during boss fights. But 2 things. One, doesn't most bosses have scrub monsters with him to phaselock? Two, I've never had a problem with a boss with just 2 people and I'm planning on having a full party this time around. I fully see your point about Restoration though and that I should avoid maxing it.
---
"In the Darkest Hour, Hope Springs Eternal" - Lunar Eternal Blue
#15Bob_EsrockPosted 9/12/2012 10:10:57 PM
I'm going to be honest, I came in here expecting something completely different.
---
Lurking since 1999