Zer0's builds

#11GreenMage7Posted 9/13/2012 2:03:07 AM
Crayonmuffin posted...
That's what I'm saying! Not complaining but they made Zer0 a blur of death machine...or a sniper on a hill. Lol

Pretty much. Some people have been saying he works with all around gun builds, but I disagree. He doesn't have the survivability or support talents to do that nearly as well as any of the other 3 characters. Yeah, you could beat the game, but the question easily becomes "Why are you Zero?" His talents are all pretty basic for all around gun builds other than the kunai ability applying marked for death.
#12Crayonmuffin(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 2:04:49 AM
GreenMage7 posted...
Crayonmuffin posted...
That's what I'm saying! Not complaining but they made Zer0 a blur of death machine...or a sniper on a hill. Lol

Pretty much. Some people have been saying he works with all around gun builds, but I disagree. He doesn't have the survivability or support talents to do that nearly as well as any of the other 3 characters. Yeah, you could beat the game, but the question easily becomes "Why are you Zero?" His talents are all pretty basic for all around gun builds other than the kunai ability applying marked for death.

Well, you CAN build him as a general gun user. I've seen a couple hybrid builds floating around. Just as a melee/normal gun user who's agile. Soloing wouldn't be smart no, and he can't heal or tank but he can be built like that.
---
360 only ATM. I need a new PC.
Currently awaiting: Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Halo 4, Black Ops 2.
#13XRamzaXPosted 9/13/2012 2:56:46 AM
Doesn't zero regenerate his shields while he is invisible? That is quite a bit of survivability right there.

I don't know, ever since I saw his tree I wanted to build him with shotguns.

And I wanted to build Salvador with shotguns...... and axton with shotguns....... and maya....... crap I need to try different builds >.<

lol looking at my build I wonder how much I am going to die, should be interesting.
---
Be nice to newbs, you shall be one again someday.
#14GreenMage7Posted 9/13/2012 3:05:33 AM
XRamzaX posted...
Doesn't zero regenerate his shields while he is invisible? That is quite a bit of survivability right there.

And I wanted to build Salvador with shotguns...... and axton with shotguns....... and maya....... crap I need to try different builds >.<

lol looking at my build I wonder how much I am going to die, should be interesting.

Maya with shotguns is extra nasty. Her cataclysm tree is essentially meant to be played with them. Tons of melee, explosions for being close, elemental damage everywhere...

My problem is that Zero would work with general guns, but everyone else works better with them. You simply aren't playing to Zero's strengths that way.
#15XRamzaXPosted 9/13/2012 3:24:48 AM
GreenMage7 posted...
XRamzaX posted...

Maya with shotguns is extra nasty. Her cataclysm tree is essentially meant to be played with them. Tons of melee, explosions for being close, elemental damage everywhere...

My problem is that Zero would work with general guns, but everyone else works better with them. You simply aren't playing to Zero's strengths that way.

I think zero works pretty good with slow firing weapons. He just doesnt get many skills to help with fast firing stuff like SMGs or ARs

He might make a decent revolver user but im not quite sure. He is going to be beast with shotguns, snipers, rockets and melee though.
---
Be nice to newbs, you shall be one again someday.
#16IceDragon77Posted 9/13/2012 6:40:37 AM
Meh, a Zer0 melee build doesn't really interest me. Why in a game with a bazillion guns in it, would I want to play a character who focuses on melee?
---
http://i27.tinypic.com/taqwbk.jpg Thanks Fell and L4DHunter! <3
http://i30.tinypic.com/2sba7og.jpg
#17Masemune_100Posted 9/13/2012 6:42:50 AM
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/assassin.php?505000000050055005005050500000

I'm just going to use whatever I feel like XD
---
Who is the Milkman?
#18AethonWarriorPosted 9/13/2012 7:07:17 AM
F_Wolf posted...
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/assassin.php?000000000005053150005500515041

DPS Melee build. You would probably not want to solo it tho.

The goal is to get a Many Must Fall + Unforseen chain going.

You would hit Deception (650% melee damage bonus) and Execute, preferably towards the enemies back. If you hit them in the back, Backstab and Ambush should go off, and because Execute makes you move, you should be getting the bonus from Like the Wind. If the enemy dies Many Must Fall will go off along with Unforseen, Rising Shot and Follow Through, causing your hologram to explode, and a new one be placed and you to go invisible again, now with a huge buff to damage and speed.

If they don't die, they will be Deathmarked, and you should still get Rising Shot. Since you won't be stealthed and now right in the fray of things, chances are Counter Strike will go off, and the enemy you just hit would probably have low enough health for Killing Blow.

Also, don't forget your flat 15% from Iron Hand (with a little bit of bonus health as a bonus)

If the chain gets going, you should be a teleporting, blinking, exploding blur of death.

BOY am I saving that! This sounds like...win. I think I'll go through the game as Zer0 as my second character, although this might convince me to replace Salvador...this sounds just..so good..
---
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORDERLANNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDS 22222222222222222222222222222222222!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#19F_WolfPosted 9/13/2012 7:19:51 AM(edited)
GreenMage7 posted...
Crayonmuffin posted...

You realize his invisibility is only on like...6-8 second cool down, right? Then there is Resurgence, Grim, Innervate and in a small way, Iron Hand.

He's not a tank, his survivability comes from the fact that enemies will only have a 6-8 second window to even attack him, Probably even smaller as time goes on with mods/artifacts/whatnot, and with Many Must Fall.