The Handsome Jack Reveal... Calling it Now.

#1caramel_codPosted 9/13/2012 7:52:47 PM
His body will be the fake part, not his face. His 'Handsome' moniker is there because his face is literally all he has.

For the final battle, his body will be destroyed and he'll implant his face into some giant, mechanical monstrosity.

I doubt GB would make him some other known character after emphasizing his unique personality so much in previews, and I feel like making him hideous would also undermine his personality. Being a smug, detachable face fits right in.
#2TheKnobGoblinPosted 9/13/2012 8:04:19 PM
Sounds GearBox-y enough! I like it better than the alternatives.
#3darkelfthiefPosted 9/13/2012 8:06:28 PM
He is a Clap-Trap reviving the Robulution.
#4Khaos_KingPosted 9/13/2012 8:10:06 PM
My theory:
Zer0 the Assassin was once the "real" Handsome Jack, and owner of Hyperion. Since all of Hyperion is made up of robots that use "facial recognition"; Some bandit leader captured Zer0/Jack, cut off his face, and stapled it on himself, claims he is Handsome Jack, and took over Hyperion. This leads to the new personality: Zer0, who keeps his real identity a secret as he fights to reclaim his face and company from the "fraudulent Handsome Jack."

Enjoy.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.
#5Rafahil19Posted 9/13/2012 8:14:38 PM
Khaos_King posted...
My theory:
Zer0 the Assassin was once the "real" Handsome Jack, and owner of Hyperion. Since all of Hyperion is made up of robots that use "facial recognition"; Some bandit leader captured Zer0/Jack, cut off his face, and stapled it on himself, claims he is Handsome Jack, and took over Hyperion. This leads to the new personality: Zer0, who keeps his real identity a secret as he fights to reclaim his face and company from the "fraudulent Handsome Jack."

Enjoy.

Damn that sounds frakkin' cool really.
---
Always know your endgame before you lift a hand.
#6IsaacRedmanPosted 9/13/2012 8:18:37 PM
it does seem like a pretty decent plot twist but the problem is that since not everyone is going to play as Zer0 it wouldn't work
---
The NFL Board's best poster as voted by YOU
Also a devilishly handsome rogue with a heart of gold
#7SEA_Posted 9/13/2012 8:19:16 PM
sup rabbit
---
Chargers, Padres, Clippers, SDSU
#8caramel_cod(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 8:19:51 PM
Khaos_King posted...
My theory:

Enjoy.

But what if you aren't playing as Zer0?

It would be weird if you play the whole game as Axton, never seeing or hearing Zer0, until the big reveal when he appears out of nowhere.

Still, this is definitely the route they'd go for a movie adaptation. Definitely a cool idea.
#9SEA_Posted 9/13/2012 8:21:01 PM
handsome jack probably won't be the final boss
---
Chargers, Padres, Clippers, SDSU
#10Khaos_KingPosted 9/13/2012 8:32:36 PM
IsaacRedman posted...
it does seem like a pretty decent plot twist but the problem is that since not everyone is going to play as Zer0 it wouldn't work

Well, I'm not going to debate a theory, since that is silly; Anyway, Zer0 doesn't have to kill Jack or even be at the last fight for this scenario to exist in the game, it would simply be his personal motivation. All they have to do is say that this is the story and it's done. Playing as Zero is irrelevant. and tons of games that you play as a single character, then during the plot points/cinema "magically" all the main characters are standing around you, so... yeah. They can do whatever they want.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site.