best character for solo play?

#1bassagePosted 9/13/2012 9:44:44 PM
I plan on doing a playthrough alone, and at least one more online with a friend. I'm trying to figure out what the best character would be without anyone else to help me out. Any ideas?
---
#2PlasmarrowPosted 9/13/2012 9:46:16 PM
I'm guessing Axton or Sal would be good but I'm doing a solo Zer0 run. They can all use all the guns pretty well, so it's up to you.
---
Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet. -The Sniper
#3caramel_codPosted 9/13/2012 9:46:28 PM
Salvador seems to be the general consensus.
#4SczoydPosted 9/13/2012 9:49:38 PM
There are arguments for every character's worth in solo combat.
Axton has his turret that can shoot enemies in the back, Zero has his stealth so you can sneak away when you're dying, Maya can heal herself really well, and Salvador can take and deliver a beating when you need it.

Pick whoever you like most, you should be fine.
---
WoT
#5bassage(Topic Creator)Posted 9/13/2012 9:51:29 PM
I don't know what would be most important, great healing ability, or raw power.
---
#6Mister_VanillaPosted 9/13/2012 9:54:35 PM
Sczoyd posted...
There are arguments for every character's worth in solo combat.
Axton has his turret that can shoot enemies in the back, Zero has his stealth so you can sneak away when you're dying, Maya can heal herself really well, and Salvador can take and deliver a beating when you need it.

Pick whoever you like most, you should be fine.

I came in to say this.

Instead I will say This.

/Thats WORDLPAY!
#7x_x_sasuke_x_xPosted 9/13/2012 9:55:57 PM
I'm playing as Maya and focusing on her cataclysm & motion skill tree
---
GT: AcousticFuneral
http://www.xboxgamercard.org/gamercard/xbl_image.php?gamertag=AcousticFuneral
#8whitepsychtigerPosted 9/13/2012 9:59:38 PM
I'd think Axton tbh. Due to his use of ARs and his Turret...
---
GT: PhantomGenetics
Currently Playing: TES: V Skyrim, MW3, Dark Souls, RDR, MInecraft 360 Waiting For: Dishonored, BL 2, Dead Space 3, Sleeping Dogs plus more!
#9SczoydPosted 9/13/2012 10:07:43 PM
bassage posted...
I don't know what would be most important, great healing ability, or raw power.

I'm not sure either. You have to remember that nobody here has actually played the game, and of course the developers/interviewers haven't said "Oh this character doesn't seem to survive as well as this one." or "This character is the strongest"
Programmers try very hard to try to make sure the characters are fairly balanced.

Of course many times the characters aren't really balanced, but we won't know for sure until some time after the game is out. They should all have good skills for solo gameplay, and good skills for team gameplay though.

So, as I was saying, if any character seems to appeal to you, go ahead and and use that one, and don't worry about it.
---
WoT
#10Edavy89Posted 9/13/2012 10:22:19 PM
Honestly it really just depends on play-style from what i can tell reading all the skills. they all have some really amazing bonuses, and the action skills all seem REALLY nice this go round.

Maya has amazing healing potential, as well as some really impressive offensive bonuses, and great control. Especially with phase-lock on a measly 13 second cool-down.

Axton has improved the soldiers turret from BL1 dramatically. First, they are better at drawing enemy fire. Second, they can now rotate a full 360 degrees. gone are the days of having enemies run right past your turret, and it no longer being able to fire at them. he has a few skills that give healing, and some really nice defensive options.

Salvador is a tank, with massive damage. quite a few really viable ways to play him also.

Zero has incredible crit damage, and incredibly fast movement. Deception works much like lilliths phase-walk, but with some very nice twists. he is probably your most squishy option, but deception and the crazy speed should make that a next to non existant issue anyway.

All that being said, i would base your decision 100% on what action skill you think sounds the most fun.
---
www.SWGEMU.com....SUPPORT IT!