I'm glad Gearbox aren't jerks and put a ban on reviews like other companies

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. I'm glad Gearbox aren't jerks and put a ban on reviews like other companies

User Info: Erik_P

Erik_P
4 years ago#1
Wanna read a review? Lol, sorry, gotta wait till midnight Tuesday to read it!

I hate bastard game companies that pull that crap, like their game is so special we have to wait a until a predetermined time to read about the game.
I wouldn't know right from wrong if one was helping the poor and the other was banging my sister. - Max Payne 3

User Info: legend253

legend253
4 years ago#2
There's an IGN review up, and Gameinformer's has been out for awhile.
GT: Lord Avon (if you wanna play Borderlands, message me)
"I'll stop it from moving!"

User Info: Undying_Will

Undying_Will
4 years ago#3
Actually they did. Most places can't post a review before 9 pm Monday night. IGN and a couple others got special permission to post early.
~Remember, if a stranger offers you candy, take it. It could be the last piece you get!!!~
GT: Xbox: Undying Will31 / PSN: Krilgeta

Erik_P
4 years ago#4
legend253 posted...
There's an IGN review up, and Gameinformer's has been out for awhile.

Yes, I know, hence the topic title.
I wouldn't know right from wrong if one was helping the poor and the other was banging my sister. - Max Payne 3

User Info: legend253

legend253
4 years ago#5
That's my bad. Read the topic title too fast, didn't recognize the sarcasm in first post as a result.
GT: Lord Avon (if you wanna play Borderlands, message me)
"I'll stop it from moving!"

User Info: euklb

euklb
4 years ago#6
yer topic title can be miss read
The word of the day is Legs,
So lets go to your house and spread the word

User Info: CapnStanky

CapnStanky
4 years ago#7
And we have a winner for dumbest thread of the day.
GOTY 2012 Candidates: Sleeping Dogs, Mark of the Ninja

Erik_P
4 years ago#8
CapnStanky posted...
And we have a winner for dumbest thread of the day.

How is it dumb? Because some people misread the topic? That doesn't make my thread dumb, it makes everyone else dumb.

User Info: Evel138

Evel138
4 years ago#9
Ummm, there is nothing "special" about review embargoes as they're common practice. That is to say, these companies aren't trying to be "special", they often have a number of reasons in doing so.
The bad guy. GT/PSN: Evel138
http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m307/Evel138/Skull.jpg

User Info: Hardcore74Leo

Hardcore74Leo
4 years ago#10
Evel138 posted...
Ummm, there is nothing "special" about review embargoes as they're common practice. That is to say, these companies aren't trying to be "special", they often have a number of reasons in doing so.

I agree, I feel most companies don't like reviews getting released due to the risk of possible spoilers.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. I'm glad Gearbox aren't jerks and put a ban on reviews like other companies

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived