Zero Cosplay/Costume at Community Day

#11beefteriyaki(Topic Creator)Posted 9/15/2012 4:21:06 PM
I'm mostly interested in how he did the display. Don't suppose you caught his name, milestonesoul?
#12canibalcrabPosted 9/15/2012 5:12:46 PM
Hello! I am the zer0 cosplayer you are asking about! I'm glad you liked it thanks!

First thing. Duh the helmet is big. Game creators don't ever really consider the fact that the helmet is going to be going on top of skull not replacing it.

The sword is eltape. Very similar to elwire. Lots of fun.

The helmet and armor are anti- fatigue floor matts.

The screen is tinted acrylic. And the LEDs are a 16x24 matrix from adafruit.com run with custom coded arduino.

Sorry if I missed any questions I'm on an alpha rom android that's freaking out. I'd be glad to help anyone who had questions
#13beefteriyaki(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 2:20:22 AM
Hey! Glad you saw this post! I was amazed and impressed how awesome your costume looked and just wanted to find out more. Do you have any videos or photos of your costume or the process of making it? Really wanted to see more of it, but you're only in there for a few seconds.

Again, totally rad-looking costume!
#14EvilScythePosted 9/16/2012 2:33:06 AM
I must be the one person that ONLY saw a psycho midget!
#15beefteriyaki(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 2:38:54 AM
The psycho midget was pretty dead-on, too.

Just can't choose to be a midget for a day... :/
#16MadLaughterPosted 9/16/2012 2:50:57 AM
Cool Zer0 costume, dude. Randy Pitchford seemed like a big fan.
---
San Diego Chargers: 1-0
#17AwesomeFawfulPosted 9/16/2012 2:53:41 AM
jessejarrar posted...
Nerd alert

Your point is...?
---
Fawful for SSB4!
You cannot fully comprehend what my mind thinks.
#18canibalcrabPosted 9/16/2012 3:21:13 AM
EvilScythe posted...
I must be the one person that ONLY saw a psycho midget!

Haha I'm pretty sure he works with gearbox. I can't see when I'm in the helmet and he had this uncanny ability to attack me every time I was blind.

I don't have any videos of how I did it. But I could put something together. Were there any specific questions you had?
#19beefteriyaki(Topic Creator)Posted 9/16/2012 3:25:04 AM
I'm not going to lie; I'm jealous and want to make a Zer0 costume. I would wear the hell out of it come Halloween.

I sent a PM, but if you could share more photos or anything else regarding making the suit, that would be stellar! Thanks!
#20kel25Posted 9/16/2012 4:42:24 AM
I've never been into cosplay but I have to admit that I was fairly impressed with the Zero costume. From what I saw of the audience I'm guessing he won the costume contest.