Best character for solo playthrough?

#1bessy67Posted 9/16/2012 2:27:23 PM
I'm leaning towards Axton so the turret can draw some aggro/slag enemies/shield me, but I just wanted to get some more opinions. Here's the build I'm considering:

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/commando.php?52555120010000000000005050143100
---
"Immigrants. Thats all they do, you know. Just driving around, listening to raps, shooting all the jobs." - Malory Archer
GT: Bessy67
#2CruorComaPosted 9/16/2012 2:30:31 PM
Zer0 or Axton imo. I've noticed npc's with big ass shields that are near invulnerable from head on attack, so a character with a means of drawing aggro away from them seems best.
---
If you have a problem with potheads, throw your computer out the window right now. Why should you be able leach off the creativity of those you condemn?
#3Cmac4Posted 9/16/2012 2:31:51 PM
Axton or Salv since alot of areas force you to go close range so sniping isnt always an option as someone like Zer0.
#4gunsndrosesPosted 9/16/2012 2:32:26 PM
Zer0 / Salv

Zer0 if you want insane damage output, Salv if you want to be entirely self sufficient.
---
Heimskr for High King
#5ACCEL360Posted 9/16/2012 2:34:30 PM
Cmac4 posted...
Axton or Salv since alot of areas force you to go close range so sniping isnt always an option as someone like Zer0.

Zer0 is a close range guy, too.
---
~The Ghost Rider of the C&GN Board
NUFF SAID!!
#6gunsndrosesPosted 9/16/2012 2:35:54 PM
Cmac4 posted...

And sorry for double post, but I just read this now.

Um....? Zer0 isn't the game's melee assassin or anything, you know, capable of what, 2700% melee damage or something like that?
---
Heimskr for High King
#7WarzorePosted 9/16/2012 2:36:26 PM
the game isnt out, people here just guess based on what they saw on the character skill trees, just wait next week we'll find out.
#8Cmac4Posted 9/16/2012 2:39:29 PM
gunsndroses posted...
Cmac4 posted...

And sorry for double post, but I just read this now.

Um....? Zer0 isn't the game's melee assassin or anything, you know, capable of what, 2700% melee damage or something like that?

So he has 1 tree based around melee that would be effective for soloing while alot of his longer range options are cut pretty severely in effectiveness in alot of areas. Compared to Salv or Axton who can pick pretty much any tree and still be very effective solo, not to mention Salv at least is way way beefier then Zer0. Im not saying hes a bad character I just think there are better solo options not that it really matters since youll be able to solo the game with any class and any spec.
#9ACCEL360Posted 9/16/2012 3:05:11 PM(edited)
I would think Sal is the hardest person to solo with. Unlike the other 3, he's constantly going to be under fire with no way to stop it other than killing as fast as he can.

In the case of Zer0, he can easily attack from long range, taking out the minor enemies. Then go in and melee the tougher ones. If you run into some trouble, you can pop a decoy and rethink your strategy for a quick second. It's the perfect solo strategy.
---
~The Ghost Rider of the C&GN Board
NUFF SAID!!
#10pennywise666Posted 9/16/2012 3:12:40 PM
ACCEL360 posted...
I would think Sal is the hardest person to solo with. Unlike the other 3, he's constantly going to be under fire with no way to stop it other than killing as fast as he can.

In the case of Zer0, he can easily attack from long range, taking out the minor enemies. Then go in and melee the tougher ones. If you run into some trouble, you can pop a decoy and rethink your strategy for a quick second. It's the perfect solo strategy.

I agree in theory, but hell, we might realize the best solo is maya at the end of the day when we get the game. lol
We don't really know until we go trough the game a few times I'd say...

If it is like the first, some characters might be very good at low lvls but the other catch back mid games or some can be hard to play in the beginning and shine at high lvl.
(Yes, that was Brick who was a powerful low lvl but turned to crap and Lilith who was a bit on squeeshie side in the beginning but was a real killing machine at high lvl in my humble opinion.)
---
Not removing this sig till Quebec City get a NHL team!
Does anybody knows who's sleeping with whom around here?