Are people already modding the game?

#61TheGlowPosted 9/17/2012 3:45:55 AM
The one "hack" I found plausible was the inventory slots.
Already an hour in and I've had to run to town to sell crap 3x because no space.
#62NinjaDeath911Posted 9/17/2012 3:54:27 AM
As far as I'm concerned
Modders = trolls
I wish there was a way to ban them
A reporting feature.I would report everyone I came across
#63Raptor715Posted 9/17/2012 3:57:06 AM
Max money, skill points and bad ass rank tokens are the only things I have seen so far. Weapon modding I don't think will happen anytime soon or even happen at all.
---
PSN/GT: Mythodix
#64Radiant_Sol12Posted 9/17/2012 4:34:27 AM
SirUnit1518 posted...
I think people are stressing too much about this modding issue.

It takes months for modders to make effective tools that make it easy for everyone to mod their save games and until then most people online will just be clueless, so nobody has to worry about running into any mods this tuesday or at least a month.

Modding only becomes prevalent in a game once any random 13 year old can do it but until then the only ones with modded weapons are the people who are 20+ years old who are code monkeys with modded xboxes and everything. Those are hard to find, not extremely rare, but given the amount of people unwilling/inexperienced enough to handle coding in comparison, you're not going to be running into them every game.

J/s I find it stupid that people are raving up and down that they can't play single player, you're far far more likely to just find a troll than a modder.

That IS the problem with modding in BL. The guns in Borderlands are based off a couple base numbers for each stat, damage, accuracy, and ROF. I can easily change that. Modding in other games is a whole lot different that modding in games like Borderlands. The way Borderlands was designed to be a sandbox-type game that has guns that are a shell for the stats for your level is what makes it easily moddable.

Had Gearbox not been so stubborn and encouraging for mods, we wouldn't be having this problem. Trying to work around this isn't going to fix it, because there is no work-around that doesn't ruin a giant feature of the game. What we'll most likely end up is with modders dominating the multiplayer if Gearbox doesn't do something about this.
---
"If the Illusive Man was voice by Charlie instead of Martin he'd be snorting coke off Miranda's ass." -Revan73
GT: Radiant Sol
#65MattheauPosted 9/17/2012 4:48:16 AM
Radiant_Sol12 posted...
Had Gearbox not been so stubborn and encouraging for mods, we wouldn't be having this problem. Trying to work around this isn't going to fix it, because there is no work-around that doesn't ruin a giant feature of the game. What we'll most likely end up is with modders dominating the multiplayer if Gearbox doesn't do something about this.

Borderlands was easy to mod because Gearbox thought it was a throw away game. They didn't think anyone was going to care, so they didn't even do the basic anti-mod safeguards that any game with Diablo-style looting has.

In addition, the system doesn't make modding easier, it makes it harder. Modding normal item systems is easier in almost every instance. These games are targeted more because they let modders get their jollies in a much more significant way then editing themselves end game items that can be acquired in a guaranteed manner, like in other games.

People have already checked and the save file is encrypted, which is a huge step up over Borderlands 1. Most modders will move on to more easily modded games because the point isn't to be super awesome at Borderlands, it is to be super awesome at a game without any real work so people know how cool they are.

There will be modders, every single game with any form of stats or inventory has them. The difference is the proportions. Borderlands 1 had a high proportions because any moron could mod it in gamebreaking ways. That is no longer possible, so there will be far fewer modders, since they will move on to more easily hacked games.
#66__Renegade__Posted 9/17/2012 5:00:39 AM
http://www.vg247.com/2012/07/07/no-borderlands-2-sdk-in-the-works-modding-still-encouraged/
#67__Renegade__Posted 9/17/2012 5:00:53 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#68saluki933Posted 9/17/2012 5:04:43 AM
I would like to offer a big "Thank You" to all the modders out there, they make games much more fun/playable for those of us who play the single player route.
#69bcon1208Posted 9/17/2012 5:07:24 AM
Exiled0ne posted...
Willowtree for Borderlands 2 is already in the making :P

I shall download this :)
---
GT: lIl Nemesis lIl
"You can run, but you'll just die tired"
#70dirtybrownPosted 9/17/2012 5:07:49 AM
there are private matches right, or an option to kick people out of your game if you are host?