Worth it?

#11Mech_Battalion(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 7:19:51 AM(edited)
I love how I am being called a troll when I am asking questions. It isn't like I am outright saying this game sucks and is no different than the first.

I am just trying to figure out if I want this or Tekken Tag 2... I will get either one eventually but for now I was just wondering how different this game is from the first. I just beat the first and enjoyed it, but if I jump right into this will it feel like I am just playing the first one all over again with a new character?
#12Mech_Battalion(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 7:18:56 AM
Also, saying that the new stuff = guns, characters and story is not what I was looking for. Obviously this stuff will be new, I am talking gameplay. You can have new items, classes and story in an expansion.

I want something that takes the original and builds upon it. I was wondering what has been built upon.

I heard the vehicles will allow 4 people, that is a good example of innovation that will earn my money. What else is there?
#13FreakyAmerican6Posted 9/17/2012 7:34:33 AM
Mech_Battalion posted...
Also, saying that the new stuff = guns, characters and story is not what I was looking for. Obviously this stuff will be new, I am talking gameplay. You can have new items, classes and story in an expansion.

I want something that takes the original and builds upon it. I was wondering what has been built upon.

I heard the vehicles will allow 4 people, that is a good example of innovation that will earn my money. What else is there?

JESU H

go look up some gameplay videos if youre gonna be a douche.
---
Socialize healthcare, acknowledge inequal opportunity, dump money into public innovation, fix the fedrev. Baddabing, America number one ***** yeah
#14SymphonicGloryPosted 9/17/2012 7:35:59 AM
Governator00 posted...
I freaking LOVE tacos. Man, they are just good.

Thanks...now I want Mexican for lunch later.
#15lost973Posted 9/17/2012 7:48:12 AM(edited)
Mech_Battalion posted...
I love how I am being called a troll when I am asking questions. It isn't like I am outright saying this game sucks and is no different than the first.

I am just trying to figure out if I want this or Tekken Tag 2... I will get either one eventually but for now I was just wondering how different this game is from the first. I just beat the first and enjoyed it, but if I jump right into this will it feel like I am just playing the first one all over again with a new character?

Re·search - diligent and systematic inquiry or investigation into a subject in order to discover or revise facts, theories, applications, etc.

You presume it's an "expansion." In reality, you have failed to do your research, which makes your opinion or any assumptions you have completely invalid. Go have a conversation with a wall, because that's all you're good for.

good day sir
---
"None are more enslaved than those who believe they are free."
#16Mech_Battalion(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 8:01:16 AM
Holy crap, I am doing research by asking questions on a forum on a website called gameFAQS.

This is my research. I am not presuming this to be an expansion, I just need reassurance that it offers a bit more than the first one did.
#17Mvsevm_of_SkinPosted 9/17/2012 8:03:59 AM
Mech_Battalion posted...
...I just need reassurance....

This is something you never want to receive on GFaqs. There's always baggage.
#18Mech_Battalion(Topic Creator)Posted 9/17/2012 8:04:06 AM
Sadly all I am getting from you guys is "ITS A NEW BORDERLANDS"

You people are no better than CoD morons who buy anything with a new coat of paint. I am trying to ask questions about this game and all I get are insults and idiotic replies dealing with tacos.

You guys are almost worse than CoD fanboys, they at least give a reasonable answer...
#19bluehat94Posted 9/17/2012 8:19:19 AM(edited)
New vehicles

Eridium is now used as a currency fir things like backpack upgrades and for raid bosses and for certain weapons

The weapons from all the different manufacturers now have atheistic differences as well as color this time around

NPCs actually move around the world and will talk to you now, unlike the static ones in the first

The world is about twice the size of the first with much more varied locales

Enemy AI is considerably improved all around

There is now the option to change the skin and head of your character via skins and heads that now drop like loot

A new better written story

Tons of new enemy types

Bigger skill trees for the 4 new character classes

The ability to mark "favorite" (never sell as long as they're marked) items and "trash" (sell all items marked this way when you click sell) items

Grenades are now generated like the guns

Certain missions can now be "failed" and have to be resolved later in the story if you do

These are some of the changes, these are all off the top of my head.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#20pttp_co_nrPosted 9/17/2012 8:24:02 AM
You're going to have an "enhanced" experience with this game. Everything is better from User Interface to Artificial Intelligence (Just for example, you can hover over a gun and clearly see all stat gains without have to open up your inventory and enemies will actually "team up" this time around taking advantage of their unique abilities). Obviously the graphics are a whole lot better this time around with different environments besides "desert" and a ton of added color (great for the art-style). Obviously we have new characters this time around, and each has more of a variety to their skill trees so you can choose multiple ways to play each character. This game has an actual story this time. I remember the first had some story, but it wasn't big at all. All I know is we had to open the Vault for whatever reason, progression didn't really exist because that was like the only objective. You'll see more character development in this game. The old characters return as NPCs as well as a healthy cast of witty new characters. There's 4-person vehicles now as well as new vehicle types. There's a mini map on the screen now, so no need to keep switching to your inventory to get your map screen open. There's a new element, Slag, that increases damage on the enemy it's on. There's at least one mini game, Slot Machines, in the game where you can earn loot (or die) from playing. Money and ammo pickups are now automatic (so no more wasting time picking every piece up). There's a new rare money type called Eridium that can be used to purchase storage upgrades or weapon mods. There's the new customization feature for characters so you can actually tell who's who in co-op. There's a crap load more enemy types than the first game. I'm sure there's a bunch more, but that should be sufficient. This game was built from the ground up, so while you can still tell it's part of the Borderlands series, you can obviously tell it's a whole new game. Games like Call of Duty don't improve nearly as much as this. Sure they may add a new mode to online or something, but they reuse a HUGE amount of material from past games to speed up the development process instead of starting from scratch.
---
PKMN White FC: 1850 0959 2499 - Name: Kevin
Nintendo 3DS FC: 4639 8975 1450 - Name: Kevin