do NOT wait for a SHIFT code in your EMAIL

#1raxidPosted 9/17/2012 11:44:49 PM
you will just be able to register for Shift. codes have to be earned or found apparently.

"Gearbox Software Shift is described as an online account service, where players can "redeem Shift Codes to unlock exclusive content for Borderlands 2." The manual goes one further by hinting at a Golden Loot Chest in the game whose contents are "only available through something called a 'Shift Code.'"

Elsewhere, the codes in question are referred to as "Gearbox Software Shift Codes," rather than specifically for Borderlands 2, implying that other Gearbox titles may become part of this infrastructure. So far, no related web site exists for sign-ups, and other details about potential Shift features haven't yet been posted; while it may resemble third-party in-game reward services like Ubisoft's U-Play, it could also resemble the Gearbox Labs data accumulation service.

The only way Gearbox has officially acknowledged Shift thus far is in a forum posting by Gearbox Community Manager Chris Faylor:

"Attending a Gearbox event is just one example of the many ways we could possibly distribute such codes. I can't imagine us limiting distribution to physical proximity, especially with such a passionate community located all throughout the world."

Update: A 2K Games representative has clarified that Gearbox Shift is "simillar to Rockstar's Social Club," allowing players to redeem in-game digital material and interact with each other. "We're not talking about any future games this feature will be available for," the rep continued, "but it likely will be integrated into others.""
---
Xbox360 Gamertag: Teddy H // PSN Tag: TeddyH
#23rdrocketPosted 9/18/2012 7:30:31 AM
Thank you. This cleared a lot up. I was going crazy wondering where my email was.
#3sirgreendayPosted 9/18/2012 7:50:53 AM
raxid posted...
you will just be able to register for Shift. codes have to be earned or found apparently.

"Gearbox Software Shift is described as an online account service, where players can "redeem Shift Codes to unlock exclusive content for Borderlands 2." The manual goes one further by hinting at a Golden Loot Chest in the game whose contents are "only available through something called a 'Shift Code.'"

Elsewhere, the codes in question are referred to as "Gearbox Software Shift Codes," rather than specifically for Borderlands 2, implying that other Gearbox titles may become part of this infrastructure. So far, no related web site exists for sign-ups, and other details about potential Shift features haven't yet been posted; while it may resemble third-party in-game reward services like Ubisoft's U-Play, it could also resemble the Gearbox Labs data accumulation service.

The only way Gearbox has officially acknowledged Shift thus far is in a forum posting by Gearbox Community Manager Chris Faylor:

"Attending a Gearbox event is just one example of the many ways we could possibly distribute such codes. I can't imagine us limiting distribution to physical proximity, especially with such a passionate community located all throughout the world."

Update: A 2K Games representative has clarified that Gearbox Shift is "simillar to Rockstar's Social Club," allowing players to redeem in-game digital material and interact with each other. "We're not talking about any future games this feature will be available for," the rep continued, "but it likely will be integrated into others.""

That's funny. I was emailed a code. It took 10 hours.
---
GT: Sir Green Day
#4ZeroCool000111Posted 9/18/2012 8:29:29 AM
i didnt get any code yet...
---
PSN/Vita: GrimReaper4383 360: CMaggotbone
Pre-Ordered 9 games & 1 console...
#5XgunsmokeXPosted 9/18/2012 9:19:24 AM
i want my 2nd kkkeeyyyyyy
#6raxid(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 12:45:17 PM
i never got a code?
---
Xbox360 Gamertag: Teddy H // PSN Tag: TeddyH
#7Denial048Posted 9/19/2012 6:06:40 PM
sirgreenday posted...
raxid posted...

That's funny. I was emailed a code. It took 10 hours.

Ignore this guy.
---
http://www.trueachievements.com/Denial048.htm
#8forsakenprince7Posted 9/20/2012 5:50:53 PM
All i did was sign up from the extras menu in borderlands 2, then i went online and confirmed my info. When i went back to the extras menu in game i received 2 golden keys.