wasted gold key... again.

#11Epic_McDudePosted 9/18/2012 7:54:47 PM
gainax2k1 posted...
Soljah posted...
how many keys do you get roughly in a playthrough? are all the gold key chests in 1 area? o.o

I got 1 key for being premier club (i believe) and then a second for signing up for Shift. Ive heard some people mention a third, and of course tho who hack it are getting 100's of them.
I'm about 12 hours in, and have my 2nd key.

Saving it for level 50?

That's what I'm going to do with mine.
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#12ShlarzakPosted 9/18/2012 8:02:54 PM
Haha, my pal did the same exact thing the first time we got to Sanctuary, I had no idea the gold chest would just be sitting out and not warn you about the key usage. I spent the next 5 minutes consoling him that the guns he got would last a good 5-6 levels at least, and that the keys only give you purples which won't be a big deal later on, while he spent those same 5 minutes trying to get me to use my key too.
---
"The future's like the weather, baby, there ain't no guarantees!"
#13gainax2k1(Topic Creator)Posted 9/18/2012 8:20:56 PM
Epic_McDude posted...
gainax2k1 posted...
Soljah posted...
how many keys do you get roughly in a playthrough? are all the gold key chests in 1 area? o.o

I got 1 key for being premier club (i believe) and then a second for signing up for Shift. Ive heard some people mention a third, and of course tho who hack it are getting 100's of them.
I'm about 12 hours in, and have my 2nd key.

Saving it for level 50?

That's what I'm going to do with mine.

Im not going to wait that long, maybe just another couple levels. The guns i got from my first key are still treating me right. Maybe at level 20? Im at 15 right now.
---
Kupo!
#14DugFreezPosted 9/18/2012 9:38:08 PM
This is a load of crap. I got to Sanctuary and saved my game and quit. I start back the next day and I'm in a room I have never seen before with lootable objects. I open the chest and as soon as I see the 2 purple guns I realize what it was. So I scream at the developers for making the stupid mistake of not asking if you wanted to use a key. Picked up the guns and quit out without saving.

I restart and of course the key is missing (used) but the FREAKING GUNS AREN'T IN MY BACKPACK EITHER! This is ridiculous! If the game knows I used the key (down to 1 instead of my 2) what does it think I got for using the key?

First and biggest Borderlands complaint. There is no excuse for no warning on this chest.
#15notrandomPosted 9/18/2012 9:41:09 PM
I think most people don't even notice the chest first but rather the green lights. That is basically a sign to most players that says "come take what I have".
---
Say no to EA and Ubisoft's online passes. Say no to Capcom and Activision's scummy DLC ways. Say no to NISA's terrible and unfaithful localizations.
#16JRDeBoPosted 9/18/2012 9:41:17 PM
DugFreez posted...
This is a load of crap. I got to Sanctuary and saved my game and quit. I start back the next day and I'm in a room I have never seen before with lootable objects. I open the chest and as soon as I see the 2 purple guns I realize what it was. So I scream at the developers for making the stupid mistake of not asking if you wanted to use a key. Picked up the guns and quit out without saving.

I restart and of course the key is missing (used) but the FREAKING GUNS AREN'T IN MY BACKPACK EITHER! This is ridiculous! If the game knows I used the key (down to 1 instead of my 2) what does it think I got for using the key?

First and biggest Borderlands complaint. There is no excuse for no warning on this chest.

I think this was put in place to punish people who would try to abuse the save system on the golden chest (reloading till they got what they wanted). Unfortunately some people get caught in the cross fire like you.
---
Oakland Raider fan till I die. Let's just try not suck this year.
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=jrdebo http://raptr.com/jrdebo