Axton players: Double Up or Gemini?

#1Solar1214Posted 9/18/2012 10:47:48 PM
I can't decide.

Though I'm thinking Gemini would be better because 2 turrets= 2 shields and 2 rocket pods.

Any input?
#2Master_Norris69Posted 9/18/2012 10:53:57 PM
Double up: 2nd gun. 2nd rocketpod. slag ammo.
#3sethgzPosted 9/18/2012 10:57:16 PM
Well, Double Up would be better for single tough enemies since I assume both guns have to fire at the same enemy and they cause slag which means you'll do much more damage to said enemy whereas Gemini would be better for groups since each gun could target a different enemy. Really though, they both work well with the tree they're on so you should base your decision on which tree you like more since you're going to have to go all the way down one of them.
---
Gamertag: NXR Alpha X
"The surest sign of immaturity is the never ending desire to appear mature." - Dude_bag
#4aaroncortPosted 9/18/2012 10:57:58 PM
Quote:I can't decide.

Though I'm thinking Gemini would be better because 2 turrets= 2 shields and 2 rocket pods.

Any input?

@Solar1214
go full on double up path early on, that path seems to me to have the best turret benefits early on since you're going to want to get the burst count upped and the rocket pod. Once you start to get some extra skill points then you can think about respecing.
---
GT: larrylarry Steam:Avant_Tarde PSN: Avant_Tard
#5CORNBRE4DPosted 9/18/2012 10:59:22 PM
Depends, Double up for pure damage, slag is the most important part since it makes you stronger on that target, the double damage is just bonus.

Gemini serves a different purpose, besides double turret damage, you have two targets that draw agro and two protective shields.

If you go gemini with missile pods you will have twice the missile pods but i still think the slag results in more damage. Gemini however provides much more utility, if you're playing co-op throw down 2 shield turrets for your friends to shield with especially if there aren't any tanks or crowd control in your group.
---
Twitter.com/CORNBRE4D - XBOX LIVE: it is Cornbread
Music: http://www.datpiff.com/profile/IX_Cornbread_XI
#6zUkUuPosted 9/18/2012 11:00:45 PM
nuke : D
#7Tec187Posted 9/18/2012 11:04:35 PM
Master_Norris69 posted...
Double up: 2nd gun. 2nd rocketpod. slag ammo.

This so much.

Also - couple it with a shield from survival :P
---
Badass Rank: 944
ULCE #: TBA
#8bethyreedPosted 9/18/2012 11:10:30 PM
Dont just look at the capstone abilities to determine which is better

Also look at what you have to buy to get there

I pick Gemini instead of double up because the Survival tree seems to just have better abilities then the Guerrilla tree

Crisis Management doesnt look great, Grenadier doesnt look all that hot, Ready and Able arent so great either.

You can get missile pods on a gemini if you dont put too many points into gunpowder
#9zUkUuPosted 9/18/2012 11:12:03 PM
bethyreed posted...

I pick Gemini instead of double up because the Survival tree seems to just have better abilities then the Guerrilla tree

Crisis Management doesnt look great, Grenadier doesnt look all that hot, Ready and Able arent so great either.

You can get missile pods on a gemini if you dont put too many points into gunpowder

Ready is single handed the best DPS ability axton can get, but yeah.. "it's not great". : X

I'd have loved if they would have switched slag and nuke tho. Gunpowder tree is by far the best one.
#10Master_Norris69Posted 9/18/2012 11:13:31 PM
bethyreed posted...

onslaught, scorched earth, willing, sentry, are bad skills??....k