How should I spec my Siren to help out my Assassin friend?

#1CalistoCoonPosted 9/19/2012 3:04:29 AM
The two of want to take this game on together, but I don't think I should be leveling like this is just regular Borderlands, I know the game just came out but any experienced Sirens got any advice for me?
---
GT:Emotional Hobo
#2chicostickPosted 9/19/2012 3:05:47 AM
What is your friend's build?
#3CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 3:07:24 AM
He uses the Assassin to go invisible and take a headshot after I stasis a foe.

So far I've put points into damage in Motion, so I can hold my own until I can stasis a foe and he can snipe them. So I'm thinking the ability that gives a longer hold.
---
#4BhelliumPosted 9/19/2012 3:24:06 AM(edited)
You work on crowd control while he handles the big guys.
How you want to do that doesn't really matter, and you've got a good respecing option.

W/o knowing how you two play together, even with him liking sniping, it's hard to say what to do in the long run.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#5WHLTE_RLDERPosted 9/19/2012 3:25:22 AM
CalistoCoon posted...

So far I've put points into damage in Motion, so I can hold my own until I can stasis a foe and he can snipe them. So I'm thinking the ability that gives a longer hold.

Sounds like he's a really REALLY bad Zer0 if he relies on you to freeze enemies to headshot them..

I bet he's the type to play an Asari sniper on mass effect too.
---
GT: WHLTE RLDER
#6CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 3:30:39 AM
WHLTE_RLDER posted...
CalistoCoon posted...

Sounds like he's a really REALLY bad Zer0 if he relies on you to freeze enemies to headshot them..

He gets lots of headshots on his own, I'm sure, I don't watch him play, but whenever I get the ability, it's real easy for him to shoot a guy I make a floating still target.

It's an easy way for me to mark targets for him as I clear out the smaller guys, plus it's really helpful on some of the quicker enemies to have the ability.
---
#7WHLTE_RLDERPosted 9/19/2012 3:37:42 AM
CalistoCoon posted...
WHLTE_RLDER posted...
CalistoCoon posted...

He gets lots of headshots on his own, I'm sure, I don't watch him play, but whenever I get the ability, it's real easy for him to shoot a guy I make a floating still target.

It's an easy way for me to mark targets for him as I clear out the smaller guys, plus it's really helpful on some of the quicker enemies to have the ability.

Don't get me wrong, it's a smart tactic for co-op play, especially when fighting fast enemies or big bads.

It's just that you made it sound like he relied on you to do it.

If he doesn't, and he can hold his own anyway then that's fine.
---
#8CalistoCoon(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 3:39:01 AM
WHLTE_RLDER posted...
CalistoCoon posted...
WHLTE_RLDER posted...
CalistoCoon posted...

Don't get me wrong, it's a smart tactic for co-op play, especially when fighting fast enemies or big bads.

It's just that you made it sound like he relied on you to do it.

If he doesn't, and he can hold his own anyway then that's fine.

It's co-op, we like to infuse any kind of teamwork we can into the game, even to the point of timing out bandit attacks from multiple directions, even though we could easily take them with a rushdown.

You make your own fun in gaming.
---
#9BhelliumPosted 9/19/2012 3:40:50 AM
It's fine even if he can't. It's a co-op loot fest, not a MLG tourney.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#10WHLTE_RLDERPosted 9/19/2012 3:46:00 AM
Bhellium posted...
It's fine even if he can't. It's a co-op loot fest, not a MLG tourney.

Hey, I'm just providing feedback.

If they are both having fun that's great.

My post was intended to lead him away from using zero to possibly salvador or axton if he struggled to aim for criticals as gunzerking may help him have more fun if he doesn't need to be so precise.

But like I said... If he can crit anyway then I'm sure he'll be having fun anyway, and having fun is all that matters.
---