Golden Key

#1GSBoogerFacePosted 9/19/2012 4:55:12 AM
Just wondering if you make a second character on the same account then do both characters get a golden key?
---
PSN TetsuoShima-41, Arisen: Female Ranger for now
Main Pawn: Female Sorcerer for now
#2OKRecords1138Posted 9/19/2012 4:56:25 AM
Yup. Every new game gets a new golden key.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#3GSBoogerFace(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 4:59:31 AM
Well thats just good damn game design! Thanks!
---
PSN TetsuoShima-41, Arisen: Female Ranger for now
Main Pawn: Female Sorcerer for now
#4bcon1208Posted 9/19/2012 5:06:13 AM(edited)
OKRecords1138 posted...

Have you personally tested this? Because I'm pretty sure, based on the released info, you're dead wrong. My understanding is that they are tied to your profile, which makes more sense. The Premier Club weapons have been confirmed to be for every character you make, but the Golden Keys have not.

*EDIT*

After a little searching on Google, the consensus is exactly what I thought, the Golden Keys are tied to your profile not your character. So creating a new character would not give you another key.

However, you can sign up for Shift (Gearbox's forum service) through the extras menu in game. That will net you another Golden Key to use. Just make sure you sign up with the email address you used for your profile.
---
GT: lIl Nemesis lIl
"You can run, but you'll just die tired"
#5Deekon1965Posted 9/19/2012 5:02:30 AM
Each new character does get one. I started a couple of new ones to play with different sets of friends and they each have one.
#6Wanz44Posted 9/19/2012 5:02:48 AM
Have you personally tested this? Because I'm pretty sure, based on the released info, you're dead wrong

I think he's dead wrong too. I have read several places that the the Golden Key has a one time usage.
---
Member since 1999 ..
... Former user name-Wanz4
#7OKRecords1138Posted 9/19/2012 5:04:51 AM
bcon1208 posted...
OKRecords1138 posted...

Have you personally tested this? Because I'm pretty sure, based on the released info, you're dead wrong. My understanding is that they are tied to your profile, which makes more sense. The Premier Club weapons have been confirmed to be for every character you make, but the Golden Keys have not.

Yes I have. I started a game with each character last night, and each one got a golden key.
---
See all your favorite toys of yesterday and today at The Toy Box - thetoybox1138.blogspot.com
#8RealWickedPosted 9/19/2012 5:05:15 AM
Each new character does get one. I started a couple of new ones to play with different sets of friends and they each have one.

I do believe if each of your character shows a golden key, once one is used, they are all gone. In other words; you have a choice of any of your characters in using the golden key.
#9OKRecords1138Posted 9/19/2012 5:05:57 AM
Wanz44 posted...
Have you personally tested this? Because I'm pretty sure, based on the released info, you're dead wrong

I think he's dead wrong too. I have read several places that the the Golden Key has a one time usage.

Yes, you're right. It does have a one time use.......For each character you create.
---
#10__Renegade__Posted 9/19/2012 5:06:26 AM
If you use one key for one character, they are all gone. You simply have a choice of which charter gets to use it.