Axton (Build and gameplay discussion)

#1Bob121787Posted 9/19/2012 6:07:01 AM
So I chose Acton as he seems to be well balanced and a good choice for playing solo.
Anyway I have chosen to go down the center skill tree forgot which one its called but its the one with long bow technology and the nuke in it. But before I go wasting my points I wanted to start a little build discussion thread.

So what are your thoughts on Acton and what builds are you using?
Also I'd there any way to reset skill points later down the line?
---
@cutecouple44
#2chicken8orPosted 9/19/2012 6:10:27 AM
I am using Axton in my co-op game. I am making him a turret tossing badass. I am pumping his turret damage and ammunition. So far, so good. His turret can handle anything the game throws at us. Badasses included.

Also, you can respec your skills at any time and it's rather inexpensive.
#3EricSpadePosted 9/19/2012 6:11:29 AM
You can reset your skill points at any customization station in the game for a fee.
#4Bob121787(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 6:16:36 AM
chicken8or posted...
I am using Axton in my co-op game. I am making him a turret tossing badass. I am pumping his turret damage and ammunition. So far, so good. His turret can handle anything the game throws at us. Badasses included.

Awesome! Thank you for that info. So your using the left skill tree chicken?

I love the turret but I tend to just use it as a distraction and let myself deal the damage so I have been pumping my gun damage!
---
@cutecouple44
#5chicken8orPosted 9/19/2012 6:21:26 AM
Bob121787 posted...
chicken8or posted...

I love the turret but I tend to just use it as a distraction and let myself deal the damage so I have been pumping my gun damage!

Yeah, I'm using the left skill tree. So far I have 5 points in the shots/volley skill. I throw down my turret as a distraction also, but it's nice when my distraction also kills half of the enemies.

I'm torn though. I want to make my turret a mini-nuke, but I also want the slag effect when shooting enemies and I also want 2 turrets... Choices need to be made, but I'm not taking my first character very seriously. This game is better in subsequent playthroughs where you know what you are doing.
#6Bob121787(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 6:51:02 AM
chicken8or posted...
Bob121787 posted...
chicken8or posted...

Yeah, I'm using the left skill tree. So far I have 5 points in the shots/volley skill. I throw down my turret as a distraction also, but it's nice when my distraction also kills half of the enemies.

I'm torn though. I want to make my turret a mini-nuke, but I also want the slag effect when shooting enemies and I also want 2 turrets... Choices need to be made, but I'm not taking my first character very seriously. This game is better in subsequent playthroughs where you know what you are doing.

Very true you can choose a build much better when you know what your dealing with.

Lol just noticed I typed Acton in my OP stupid smartphones.
---
@cutecouple44
#7chicken8orPosted 9/19/2012 7:15:35 AM
I'm also finding that, as in BL1, the combat rifles are extremely underwhelming. They are (asthetically) my favorite guns to run with, but I just can't find one that even compares with the shotguns or handguns that I'm finding.

In BL1 I never used the pistols. In BL2 I'm finding that the Jakobs pistols are absolutely unstoppable. They fire as quickly as you can pull the trigger and they have amazing damage and accuracy. I'm constantly killing bandits with almost all criticals from way down range with pistols, but I can't even hit those same enemies with a combat rifle.