Coop Ammo?

#1bcon1208Posted 9/19/2012 7:32:13 AM
Ok does anyone have a tested answer to the question:

"How does ammo work in Coop play?"

To elaborate, I'm wondering about shared ammo. I've heard multiple "assumptions" and tried to test it myself but I've only had about an hour and a half game time so far (stupid work). So is ammo split between everyone when it's picked up? "One" ammo pool for everyone (doesn't seem like it...), or is it just if I'm full I can pick it up and it'll go to someone else?

Also, to get specific, is there a difference between ammo picked up automatically from the ground and that found in containers?

Again, has anyone tested this problem?
---
GT: lIl Nemesis lIl
"You can run, but you'll just die tired"
#2leftturneyPosted 9/19/2012 7:34:12 AM
When you or your friend collect ammo it goes to all players. It isn't like 5 bullets go to each player or some crap like that. Everyone gets every ammo drop ever. Yes it works. It is the same for cash and eridium.
#3bcon1208(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 7:35:51 AM
leftturney posted...
When you or your friend collect ammo it goes to all players. It isn't like 5 bullets go to each player or some crap like that. Everyone gets every ammo drop ever. Yes it works. It is the same for cash and eridium.

This was what I thought, but in testing it didn't seem to work. We only tried to observe it once so something could have been off. Also I wish it would give some indication of you getting ammo..kinda like it does with cash.
---
#4leftturneyPosted 9/19/2012 7:37:43 AM
bcon1208 posted...
leftturney posted...

This was what I thought, but in testing it didn't seem to work. We only tried to observe it once so something could have been off. Also I wish it would give some indication of you getting ammo..kinda like it does with cash.

Yeah that's the thing, the only indication of you getting ammo is if you are in your backpack at the time watching it. Same goes for gun pick-ups, you can't see your pals pickup guns anymore.
#5WeirdJohnPosted 9/19/2012 7:39:51 AM
leftturney posted...

Ok, so this is different from anything else I've read. I've heard everyone gets their own. I've heard people get overflow if you don't need the ammo and are full. I've also heard it works sometimes and not others.

But what you are saying is it works the same as money pickups. Which is cool if true. Sorry, not trying to say I doubt you, but there has been a lot of conflict on this.

Assuming it's true, is distance a factor like in the last game? For example, in BL1 if we were too far from each other in a map, money pickups would not go to both players but only to the one who picked it up.
---
WeirdJohn: The King Of Safe Haven!
#6bcon1208(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 7:39:57 AM
leftturney posted...
bcon1208 posted...
leftturney posted...

Yeah that's the thing, the only indication of you getting ammo is if you are in your backpack at the time watching it. Same goes for gun pick-ups, you can't see your pals pickup guns anymore.

Ha..never even realized that was gone!
---
#7bcon1208(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2012 7:41:16 AM
WeirdJohn posted...
leftturney posted...

Ok, so this is different from anything else I've read. I've heard everyone gets their own. I've heard people get overflow if you don't need the ammo and are full. I've also heard it works sometimes and not others.

But what you are saying is it works the same as money pickups. Which is cool if true. Sorry, not trying to say I doubt you, but there has been a lot of conflict on this.

Assuming it's true, is distance a factor like in the last game? For example, in BL1 if we were too far from each other in a map, money pickups would not go to both players but only to the one who picked it up.

Yea this is why I'm hoping for a TESTED response...there's too many assumptions and "I think.." going around to tell for sure. Same with the Golden Key crap..
---
#8FurioPosted 9/19/2012 7:41:57 AM
hmm. I liked seeing the pickups before. Now it's harder to see when people pick up something that you might want to trade for.

My friends thought they were glitched because they could always pick up ammo, but it must have been because all my gunzerking meant I never had full ammo. Now we know!
#9WeirdJohnPosted 9/19/2012 7:49:01 AM
bcon1208 posted...
WeirdJohn posted...
leftturney posted...

Yea this is why I'm hoping for a TESTED response...there's too many assumptions and "I think.." going around to tell for sure. Same with the Golden Key crap..

Wife and I will test this today. I'm not sure we'll get around to testing distance though. You want me to post in this topic or make a new one?
---
WeirdJohn: The King Of Safe Haven!