Game is too hard

#11Mister_VanillaPosted 9/19/2012 9:35:33 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I'm really not good at shooters, and I'm finding SP to be a sweet spot of difficulty for me, so either you're terrible or need to switch up your playstyle. I'm gonna assume you just need to switch it up.

This is my issue. I was playing as Axton, but i am not used to the turret as i never played Roland. I switched to the uber popular with 12 year olds ZERO( long time Bricker)and it fits me a little better.

Thinking of going Sal to see if it is a little closer to home.
#12Dr_ThroatpunchPosted 9/19/2012 9:37:57 PM
This game can get tough (and I usually play single-player, but hopefully not once I can afford Gold), but it's not impossible. There's way harder games, I promise you. Dark Souls makes this game look easy, and it's nothing compared to practically any NES or SNES game. Earthworm Jim is too hard. Borderlands 2 is fine.
#13takustarPosted 9/19/2012 9:41:31 PM
only 12 but fighting is really slow. I have to either wait or die
---
Rockin' my socks off
#14kvltblackPosted 9/19/2012 9:42:02 PM
lol...this is a real topic?
---
From the east to the west with plague bearing steps i march my sharp arrows of instant death, i shoot into every beating heart i will not spare you.
#15JPhoenix985Posted 9/19/2012 9:42:12 PM
Honestly if you're really having trouble, give Axton a shot. I feel like he's the best fit early on for newcomers, especially if you're going to play solo. His turret wrecks. Period. The other characters are pretty badass themselves, but are a bit difficult to solo with right out of the box,
---
GT: Liquid x Havok
#16vigorm0rtisPosted 9/19/2012 9:42:26 PM
Mister_Vanilla posted...

This is my issue. I was playing as Axton, but i am not used to the turret as i never played Roland. I switched to the uber popular with 12 year olds ZERO( long time Bricker)and it fits me a little better.

Thinking of going Sal to see if it is a little closer to home.

I'm saving Zer0 for a later run, but right now I'm finding Maya to be cake. I suspect in the end she'll be the game's Lilith. Hard to say, since I've only dipped into Cataclysm (which my final build is based on), but when crowd control and healing start doing damage too...
---
"A large, fast moving fire is the only thing that would make anything on MTV watchable."-- Reel_Big_Mike
#17jayman1305Posted 9/19/2012 9:54:18 PM
necro00 posted...l
not even fun, just frustrating and cheap

pay attention to your level, you should fight only enemies that
are one level less then you, then you will feel
"op" (over powered). if you still have problems in single player,
then start grinding, to earn more xp and raise your level.
#18BloodxAlchemyPosted 9/19/2012 10:27:04 PM
You can't die.

Oh, you can die. But in the words of the Hyperion announcer "The only thing worse than respawning is not respawning."

In Borderlands 2, if you die, you respawn. You lose a miniscule percentage of your money, hardly enough to bad an eye at.

Keep fighting. If you die, so what--you don't lose guns. And as you progress and earn gear and levels and get the hang of things, you will probably die less and less.
#19EvilScythePosted 9/19/2012 10:44:13 PM
^ well said. Ive died more than id like to admit. But just like Borderlands 1, you will get better weapons, you will become more used to the areas and enemies and you will begin to mow through things. 1 had some rough parts at the beginning, but you felt like a boss on the second playthrough.
#20superdiddy34Posted 9/19/2012 10:50:13 PM
JPhoenix985 posted...
necro00 posted...
not even fun, just frustrating and cheap

1. Sell your Xbox and this game.
2. Buy a Wii. Play some Mario Kart.
3. Stop whining.
3. ????
4. Profit.

i see you never played Mario Kart other then the one on the Wii
---
Gamertag:Urbandemon34