Whats the best weapons for Salvador?

#1abbeldydooPosted 9/19/2012 10:44:18 PM
Last game everyone had certain weapons they were better at using than others.This game so far i have not seen that.So,is there a best weapon type to use for Salvador?if so then what is the best type?
---
Don't mod me bro!
#2Raven9853Posted 9/19/2012 10:45:54 PM
I would assume that shotguns, smgs, or assault rifles(non burst or single fire) would be the best for him because they'd combine well while using his ability. Wouldn't know though.
---
GT: Raven9853
#3nro87Posted 9/19/2012 10:49:57 PM
I don't know how many topics have to go into this before you people will get it. There are no weapon proficiencies anymore. Everyone can use any weapon well. I'm playing as Salvador and my weapons are a shotgun, a pistol, an SMG, and an assault rifle. I hate sniping and rocket launchers so I don't use them. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have 4 different weapon types throughout the whole game.
---
"Power of mind is infinite, while brawn is limited." Koichi Tohei
#4BhelliumPosted 9/19/2012 11:14:26 PM
Just a heads-up, they seem to have reworked rocket launchers for this game.
Now they're just kind of a "I-win" limited use button instead of a potential primary.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#5RyoKaibaPosted 9/19/2012 11:18:27 PM
Pretty much anything. His Gunzerking can have just about any weapon combo viable. Dual Pistols/Revolvers are nice if you want to reload quickly while Gunzerking, or Assault Rifles, SMGs, and Shotguns to take advantage of those weapon damage boosts. Dual wielding with a bazooka can also get hilarious results sometimes.
---
"Hate the sin, love the sinner. But sometimes it's hard to look past all that sin and find the person behind it." -Joshua Graham; Fallout: NV
#6DonGambiniPosted 9/19/2012 11:21:38 PM
Rocket launchers dude..

omg. those things will tear through badasses as you die and get a second wind if you didn't completely annihilate them.

Explosive Shotguns are the second best from my experiences.. annoying Machines go down rather fast
---
Live GT- Karellioni, PSP2- Ichiro lvl 200 Newman Citrine lvl 200 Cast
use valid game created data for all my sessions.
#7Kazagin_Posted 9/19/2012 11:35:42 PM
nro87 posted...
I don't know how many topics have to go into this before you people will get it. There are no weapon proficiencies anymore. Everyone can use any weapon well. I'm playing as Salvador and my weapons are a shotgun, a pistol, an SMG, and an assault rifle. I hate sniping and rocket launchers so I don't use them. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have 4 different weapon types throughout the whole game.

If this were a topic about Axton, Maya, or Zer0, I'd agree. But Salvador is a bit special. His effectiveness is tied more closely to his weapon choices than anyone else.

Sure, he could use a sniper rifle effectively, but then he'd be losing some of his effectiveness because Gunzerking is such a powerful ability.

TC isn't asking which weapon Salvador can use best, he's asking what weapons best compliment Gunzerking.

That said, TC, Combat Rifles that are full-auto, shotguns, and SMGs are your best bet. They are built to throw a ton of lead at the bad guys, and throwing two tons of lead at them is better.
Pistols CAN be effective, but generally speaking, full-auto rifles, shotguns, and SMGs are better.

Don't ever use sniper rifles, because if you try to aim down the sights with a gun in each hand, you'll get confused. (You can't use your scope while Gunzerking, which totally defeats the purpose of having a sniper rifle.)

Rocket Launchers are, well, Rocket Launchers. They just make everything go boom, so if you have two, that's just more boom. Only reason I don't advise using them is well, you're better off loading your gun with unicorns and intelligent republicans, you know, stuff that's easier to find than rockets. Also, buying it costs an arm and a leg. Seriously, Marcus'll chop 'em off to sell to the bandit posing for Borderlands 3.
---
I have no signature.
#8MalzelPosted 9/19/2012 11:38:32 PM
Kazagin_ posted...
nro87 posted...

If this were a topic about Axton, Maya, or Zer0, I'd agree. But Salvador is a bit special. His effectiveness is tied more closely to his weapon choices than anyone else.

Sure, he could use a sniper rifle effectively, but then he'd be losing some of his effectiveness because Gunzerking is such a powerful ability.

TC isn't asking which weapon Salvador can use best, he's asking what weapons best compliment Gunzerking.

That said, TC, Combat Rifles that are full-auto, shotguns, and SMGs are your best bet. They are built to throw a ton of lead at the bad guys, and throwing two tons of lead at them is better.
Pistols CAN be effective, but generally speaking, full-auto rifles, shotguns, and SMGs are better.

Don't ever use sniper rifles, because if you try to aim down the sights with a gun in each hand, you'll get confused. (You can't use your scope while Gunzerking, which totally defeats the purpose of having a sniper rifle.)

Rocket Launchers are, well, Rocket Launchers. They just make everything go boom, so if you have two, that's just more boom. Only reason I don't advise using them is well, you're better off loading your gun with unicorns and intelligent republicans, you know, stuff that's easier to find than rockets. Also, buying it costs an arm and a leg. Seriously, Marcus'll chop 'em off to sell to the bandit posing for Borderlands 3.

Don't you regenerate ammo while Gunzerking? Making rockets easy to abuse? (granted, I have yet to bother using rocket launchers while Gunzerking myself)
#9DonGambiniPosted 9/19/2012 11:39:44 PM
Well at the very least they serve to kill tough opponents and make it a bit easier.

I myself use them to revive myself after I have fallen, or use them on really tough monsters
---
Live GT- Karellioni, PSP2- Ichiro lvl 200 Newman Citrine lvl 200 Cast
use valid game created data for all my sessions.
#10Kazagin_Posted 9/19/2012 11:39:53 PM
Malzel posted...
Kazagin_ posted...
nro87 posted...

Don't you regenerate ammo while Gunzerking? Making rockets easy to abuse? (granted, I have yet to bother using rocket launchers while Gunzerking myself)

That's actually a really good question...
I should check that out. I feel like rocket ammo is excluded from the ammo regen, but I can't recall for sure.
---
I have no signature.