Badass Tokens question

#1AshAcrimoniousPosted 9/20/2012 7:23:55 AM
So I haven't played the game yet (UK) but I'm wondering about the Badass Rank thing. I hear that you have some challenges to do and they reward you with Badass Tokens. Each token can be used individually to increase a certain stat or something.

Now I understand the stat gains are applied to all and every character you make. But with the challenges. Say I start a new game as Zero and complete all his challenges. Then I started another new game with Zero would I get to do all the challenges again?

TL;DR

How many Badass Tokens do you get each play through, is it one for completing each individual challenge?

Can you do the challenges only once with each of the four Classes or do they reset every time you make a brand new character regardless of whether you've played that class before?

Therefore is it possibly to get unlimited Badass Tokens, and therefore an unlimited boost to your stats to make you godly powerful?
#2leftturneyPosted 9/20/2012 7:30:37 AM
When you complete challenges you get badass rank of various amounts depending on the challenge level. Once you have enough rank you get one badass token. I don't really know how to tell how much rank you need per token though.
#3Shy420Posted 9/20/2012 7:31:45 AM
The challenges aren't so much character challenges as they are player challenges. The challenges stay completed as you progress and make other characters. They are also supposedly infinite, heard this in an interview with Gearbox, they only go to level 5 but they reset back to 5 and can be done over and over still getting tokens.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#4MayhemersPosted 9/20/2012 7:32:27 AM
BadAss ranks and stat perks are tied to your profile. Start a new character and you automatically have whatever you've boosted in other games from the off (unless you choose to turn BadAss off). You get the BadAss tokens periodically when going up the ranks. The challenges are reset for every character you create, so technically you can earn tokens forever.

You will need an awful lot of tokens to get everything up high... I think I read you need 626 in total on one stat to boost it by 100%.
---
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
#5Shy420Posted 9/20/2012 7:32:56 AM
leftturney posted...
When you complete challenges you get badass rank of various amounts depending on the challenge level. Once you have enough rank you get one badass token. I don't really know how to tell how much rank you need per token though.

If you go in to the Badass area there is a progress bar to the next token and I believe it varies.
---
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered! My life is my own.
#6AshAcrimonious(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2012 7:37:17 AM
Mayhemers posted...
BadAss ranks and stat perks are tied to your profile. Start a new character and you automatically have whatever you've boosted in other games from the off (unless you choose to turn BadAss off). You get the BadAss tokens periodically when going up the ranks. The challenges are reset for every character you create, so technically you can earn tokens forever.

You will need an awful lot of tokens to get everything up high... I think I read you need 626 in total on one stat to boost it by 100%.

That's cool, obviously it will take a lot but for all those hardcore players there's gonna be some people with super high stats who are pretty much invincible. I hope they add some kind of content for people like that, some super hard boss that even with loads of stat boosts is still pretty difficult to kill.
#7MayhemersPosted 9/20/2012 7:39:33 AM
Oh, there is a Crawmerax equivalent in this game already... you just have to find it...
---
Lie with passion and be forever damned...
#8Neku_SanadaPosted 9/20/2012 7:44:12 AM
You can always turn the bonus stats off if you feel too invincible, and then turn them back on when you want to go back to being a god.
---
Ohhhh... This isn't where I parked my car...
#9MattheauPosted 9/20/2012 7:48:23 AM
AshAcrimonious posted...
That's cool, obviously it will take a lot but for all those hardcore players there's gonna be some people with super high stats who are pretty much invincible. I hope they add some kind of content for people like that, some super hard boss that even with loads of stat boosts is still pretty difficult to kill.

Tokens become few and far between as you get higher up and you are only earning 0.1% bonuses per token after awhile.

Yeah, there will be hardcore players, but the situation you are describing would require doing every challenge with several hundred, in not thousand, characters.
#10Shy420Posted 9/20/2012 7:52:56 AM
Neku_Sanada posted...
You can always turn the bonus stats off if you feel too invincible, and then turn them back on when you want to go back to being a god.

Really? I did not know this.
---