GOD-Liath

#11WestSdeNleVrusPosted 9/20/2012 9:24:51 AM
trutildeth posted...
How much do you have to wound him to cause him to change?

You just have to head shot him, then he changes based on how many things he kills.
#12MLBloomyPosted 9/20/2012 9:40:17 AM
Is the achievement description wrong? It says to kill a Goliath after it levels up 4 times.

Goliath -> Raging -> Badass -> Super Badass -> Ultimate Badass

That's where I stopped trying to level him and when he died, I didn't get the achievement. I thought it may have been because he might've died from a Nomad Pyro's burn DOT. Does the change from regular to Raging not count as a level since you just knock his mask off?
#13Strigol81Posted 9/20/2012 9:43:49 AM
shoot his mask off, look at his level

if he's level 8 then you'll need to let him kill stuff till he hits level 12

only the person getting the killing blow gets the achievement

2 friends and myself were doing it last night, 2 of us got the trophy (2 seperate killing blows) and we couldn't find a 3rd to level up before it died for the other friend

Also, they seem to drop a couple bits of eridium after their godliaths
---
Xbox / PS3 / Iphone gamecenter: Strigol
#14LeonKennedy28Posted 9/20/2012 9:45:03 AM
Ultimates drop eridium too.
---
Remy1LeBeau......rent my pawn ranger
#15fathomzPosted 9/20/2012 9:48:37 AM
MLBloomy posted...
Is the achievement description wrong? It says to kill a Goliath after it levels up 4 times.

Goliath -> Raging -> Badass -> Super Badass -> Ultimate Badass

That's where I stopped trying to level him and when he died, I didn't get the achievement. I thought it may have been because he might've died from a Nomad Pyro's burn DOT. Does the change from regular to Raging not count as a level since you just knock his mask off?

yes we went through 2 of them before we realized its really 5 lvl ups!
---
gamefaqs mods are karmatic nazis!
#16MLBloomyPosted 9/20/2012 10:22:12 AM
Strigol81 posted...
shoot his mask off, look at his level

if he's level 8 then you'll need to let him kill stuff till he hits level 12

I didn't even think that was referring to his level number. I just thought it was enough that his description changed 4 times.
#17Strigol81Posted 9/20/2012 10:26:50 AM
neither did I at first, but after about 8 failed attempts, we began to notice that his level # was changing, so we began waiting till he gained 4 levels, literally.

Found it easiest to do near where the guy that gives the firehawk quests are, can get 3-4 goliath's there and if you run out of enemies, lead them up the tunnel into the spiderant area
---
Xbox / PS3 / Iphone gamecenter: Strigol