How To Get A Golden Key?

#1BreakerXtremePosted 9/20/2012 8:20:01 AM
hi, before i start please excuse my writing english is not my main language...
i was wondering if they were any way to get a golden key ,because i pre order the game from a local store (that was not best buy,ebgames or else) and sadly they don't have the "golden key promotion and the DLC for the mechamancer
i just had the game (without anycode on my receipe or whatever)
i search a little on google and here (with the search bar)
what ive found, was that by subscribing to "Shift" (gearbox) you were suposed to get one next time you will play the game... and nowhere to be found...
i know that a lot will say that their is no other way but... just in case i miss something that could get me one golden key...
thanks have a good day
---
Refuse To Die!
#2xxCEREBALxxPosted 9/20/2012 8:24:06 AM
There is a code in every copy of the game. So there are only two possibilities. Your key has been stolen or you got your game "otherwise". ;)
#3killacwalkaPosted 9/20/2012 8:24:07 AM
You need to login to a Shift account from the game. You can do this via Extras on the startup menu.
---
GT - Killa CWalka
Battletag - Killa#1291
#4BreakerXtreme(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2012 8:32:59 AM(edited)
xxCEREBALxx posted...
There is a code in every copy of the game. So there are only two possibilities. Your key has been stolen or you got your game "otherwise". ;)

like i said the local store i buy the game is not a big franchise like walmart ebgames best buy, or else, so most of the time they dont get the "Dlc bonus code" for games that sad :(
and no i buy the game original i didn't get it by "torrent"/ or else ;) (and the games was sealed so if the code was supposed to be in the box it was not there...)
-------------------------

and i linked my account to shift, and all, but never received anycode yet :( i thank you for your answer thought :)
have a nice day, and i will get you update if something change in a near future
---
Refuse To Die!
#5ButtaDaGreatPosted 9/20/2012 8:30:54 AM
Where is says enter code just press " X " and u will get a gold key confirmation
---
87% of people are sheep
#6BreakerXtreme(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2012 8:31:55 AM
ButtaDaGreat posted...
Where is says enter code just press " X " and u will get a gold key confirmation

Thank you, i will give it a try when ill be home later tonight thank a lot :)
---
Refuse To Die!
#7xxCEREBALxxPosted 9/20/2012 8:32:11 AM
Really strange. My code was printed on the back of the manual. I really thought that there is one in every copy, like the Darksiders II code of the first edition... :/
#8shinnok2k5Posted 9/20/2012 8:32:43 AM
I had to create my shift account, confirm the email, create a username, and then go in and of the shift menu in the extras section like five times before I got my 2 keys from shift.
---
"We live in a world of give and take, but not enough men are willing to give what it takes"
#9xLexLuth0rxPosted 9/20/2012 8:34:05 AM
xxCEREBALxx posted...
There is a code in every copy of the game.

uhm... no
---
"The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist..."
"And like that... *poof* he's gone."
#10cdkilgore21Posted 9/20/2012 8:37:23 AM
This is the standard version right? Bc I couldn't find a code anywhere and I preordered from amazon...guess I overlooked something.. :/
---
XBL: RipperJack13
Pokemon White: 3053-3620-8302