damn I used my gold key...

#41NriepwPosted 9/21/2012 12:18:13 PM
YiddosRule posted...
Yeah, happens to either the blind, dumb or the ignorant.

I was ignorant, because I didn't even know what it was.

Still, people honestly need to get off this bandwagon. We get it, you payed attention and didn't use your key. A prompt asking us if we want to use it wouldn't have hurt anything and clearly would have helped a lot of people.
#42Vivi0198(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 3:42:53 PM
Destiny_Breaker posted...
So umm what did you get. I'm more interested in that and as stated you can get a free second key. Also there is plenty of chances for rare loot so don't stress out. One a side note are chest not hard as hell to find in this game. Also i really do want to know what you got.

I got a Purple Assault Rifle which was useless but I did get a pretty sweet purple Pistol which shot like an SMG and was as accurate as a sniper rifle with 91 damage. I just now replaced it at level 13.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#43DocOdinePosted 9/21/2012 3:46:20 PM
did you know: when you start a new character, there is an entire popup dedicated to your keys? How people who post on message boards can be so illiterate is beyond my comprehension.
---
There is one big difference between Call of Duty and Skyrim. Call of Duty adds content each game while Bethesda takes away. -MC2011
#44Vivi0198(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 3:47:15 PM
meltor13 posted...
It's a giant golden chest with skulls on it. THAT IS your warning.

And the stupidity in this topic continues....
---
#45Vivi0198(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 3:50:31 PM
DocOdine posted...
did you know: when you start a new character, there is an entire popup dedicated to your keys? How people who post on message boards can be so illiterate is beyond my comprehension.

Ok.

Why doesn't that screen pop up when you try to use the key with "are you sure" prompt?
---
#46DocOdinePosted 9/21/2012 3:54:56 PM
Vivi0198 posted...
DocOdine posted...

Ok.

Why doesn't that screen pop up when you try to use the key with "are you sure" prompt?

And the stupidity in this topic continues....
---
There is one big difference between Call of Duty and Skyrim. Call of Duty adds content each game while Bethesda takes away. -MC2011
#47Theclub83Posted 9/21/2012 3:56:57 PM
somehow i think i would be more disappointed if i waited to lvl 50 and got something useless
#48Bear_in_ActionPosted 9/21/2012 4:11:10 PM
My husband knew to avoid it when we first booted up the game,
But when we played the next day, we spawned in Sanctuary, right in front of the chest. I was putting on my headset, and saw him run towards it.
Wasn't able to stop him in time, lol.

The game talks about the key at the very beginning of the game, but I can see why some people would forget about it after taking their time during the first few chapters. And since the chest is RIGHT in front of the spawn point in Sanctuary, I do believe just a small message confirming whether or not you wish to open it would be nice.

Not everyone is nerdy enough to remember all of the details, and if someone didn't touch the game for a few days, they most likely wouldn't remember.

I'm one of the nerdy ones, but my husband isn't. He didn't mind it too much, though.
#49GhidoranPosted 9/21/2012 4:18:36 PM
DocOdine posted...

Don't be a douche, it's not easy to remember a small detail like the Golden Chest when you've been insta-opening every other chest (in BL2 AND BL1) the moment you saw them. The popup is useless for people who already knew about the golden key, do you know what an 'accident' is? They accidentally opened the chest without registering their mistake fast enough. And for people that didn't know about the chest before the message popped up, one short message that you read 3 hours ago isn't always going to stick.
---
Movie, comic and game reviews from yours truly:
http://mcgreviews.blogspot.com
#50cjjohnstonPosted 9/21/2012 4:27:29 PM
I opened the chest on purpose! Got two grenade mods! Just standard explody ones that did nothing special! Was depressed! Then stopped caring 5 sec later!

!!!