SHIFT account code

#1AshAcrimoniousPosted 9/21/2012 6:45:58 AM
When you sign up to shift within the game it asks for email password, do you need to enter the ones on your gamer tag or can it be any email?

Also after that it asks for a code, what code are you supposed to enter here?
#2Lerp85Posted 9/21/2012 6:47:53 AM
AshAcrimonious posted...
When you sign up to shift within the game it asks for email password, do you need to enter the ones on your gamer tag or can it be any email?

You are signing into a shift account, so it has to be the email and password for a shift account.
---
https://www.youtube.com/user/gamelerp85?feature=mhee
My youtube. I just started it, but am making gameplay vids. Nothing special. Check it out.
#3AshAcrimonious(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 6:49:23 AM
Lerp85 posted...
AshAcrimonious posted...

You are signing into a shift account, so it has to be the email and password for a shift account.

Yeah I just made a new one but the email I used isn't the same as my gamer tag one, my question is does this matter at all?

And again, what is the code it's asking for?
#4LeonKennedy28Posted 9/21/2012 6:51:56 AM
If you're doing it for the key then no it doesn't matter. My GT is linked to a @live email and I used a @aol email address to sign up and got the key. I have no idea about the code because I myself never saw any code to input.
---
Remy1LeBeau......rent my pawn ranger
#5AshAcrimonious(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 6:53:12 AM
LeonKennedy28 posted...
If you're doing it for the key then no it doesn't matter. My GT is linked to a @live email and I used a @aol email address to sign up and got the key. I have no idea about the code because I myself never saw any code to input.

After you've signed up and got the key if you go back onto the Shift menu thing from the game there's a space to enter a code.
#620_sided_deathPosted 9/21/2012 7:00:11 AM
SHIFT is supposed to be an appreciation or rewards system for Gearbox to reward loyal customers. I think i read that they will have promotions or contests from time to time and they will grant SHIFT codes for gear, skins, or keys.

Don't worry about the SHIFT code quite yet. You get the key for signing up automatically, without a code.
#7AshAcrimonious(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2012 7:11:38 AM
20_sided_death posted...
SHIFT is supposed to be an appreciation or rewards system for Gearbox to reward loyal customers. I think i read that they will have promotions or contests from time to time and they will grant SHIFT codes for gear, skins, or keys.

Don't worry about the SHIFT code quite yet. You get the key for signing up automatically, without a code.

Alright cool thanks :)
#8anthonyngoPosted 9/21/2012 7:25:23 AM
There are actual 25 digit codes that they will give out for different events and promos. They had a community day in Dallas and I got a few extra golden keys by putting the codes into Shift.