What weapons should my Axton use?

#1Alex_SagePosted 9/21/2012 10:41:11 AM
Does it matter? Is one more effective than another for a Commando?
---
"I am not in danger, I am the danger." Walter White
Gamertag: Cpt of Industry
#2Overd0sPosted 9/21/2012 10:43:40 AM
I have noticed that Assault Rifles fit better with some of his skill tree; bigger magazine/damage mostly

but i have been resetting my skill trees over and over again, so i am not sure if it applies for everyone or if it's best to just go down one skill tree
---
Stop Welching 2012!
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/MysterySolved/RayLewis.jpg
#3Arsenal0602Posted 9/21/2012 10:45:16 AM
I have been using ARs with him with shotguns for back up, it has been working well.

3rd weapon at this point is a pistol that fires as fast as you pull the trigger, its a nice last resort weapon.
#4PrankMan22Posted 9/21/2012 10:45:40 AM
I play with a group of 3 or 4 and all my partners like to specialize in CC with Zero, sniping with Maya and the other uses Maya with elemental smgs so I have been covering the assault rifle, SMG, and rocket launcher area. It makes me feel more like a recon commando.
---
Epic Sauce tastes like Epic
#5Overd0sPosted 9/21/2012 10:46:30 AM
I have a Sniper, Assault Rifle, SMG, and Rocket Launcher

(wont be using elemental Sniper or AR though)
---
Stop Welching 2012!
http://i1191.photobucket.com/albums/z476/MysterySolved/RayLewis.jpg
#6Crimsonhead4Posted 9/21/2012 10:48:24 AM
I use a detonating assault rifle as my main weapon. then a static shotgun, caustic revolver and incendiary smg for specific defences. He seems to be most effective with assault rifles and rocket launchers though
#7My_Momma_SaidPosted 9/21/2012 10:50:58 AM
Overd0s posted...
I have a Sniper, Assault Rifle, SMG, and Rocket Launcher

(wont be using elemental Sniper or AR though)

That's almost what I use. I prefer shotguns to SMG though. I figure sniper, AR and shotgun for long, medium and short range fighting. Rocket Launcher is there for the extra hurt.
#8HighOnPhazonPosted 9/21/2012 10:52:51 AM
I'm using a Slag SMG, a Rocket Launcher and an AR right now with him.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#9RavetownPosted 9/21/2012 10:57:31 AM
? If you are heavy into the Guerrilla tree, which is really good for the first playthrough, just use your best weapon or even better tune to three elemental weaknesses of what you're fighting. Don't put too much thought into what genre of weapon you should be using.

Yes, you can spec him to have more ammo for an assault rifle, and one of his mods is directly for assault rifle damage, but honestly, it's like a single peanut on top of a sundae, not even a cherry.

You're going to be switching weapons, there's no need at all to focus on anything other than good guns.