Is it possible to solo with a melee build Zero?

#1kyotosomoPosted 9/22/2012 2:36:01 PM
I am going to pick up the game at Gamestop today and I have been doing a little research on Borderlands 2. All the charecters look really good in this game but I think I see myself playing with Zero and Salvador the most. I am not going to solo Borderlands 2 the entire time, but I am wondering if I want to; will it be impossible to solo some parts with a melee built Zero? I am sure in both game mode I will have no problem with Salvador, but I really want to play a melee Zero. I can beat all games by myself on their second to hardest mode by myself if that means anything. Please respond and thank you. I am also wondering how fun is it to play all the classes in your oppinion (I'm especially curious about a sniper Zero, as I'm good at sniping but it gets booring in games like Call Of Duty), do any get stale? Thanks.
#2monkmithPosted 9/22/2012 2:36:59 PM
i am, just remember to bring your shotgun to soften up the enemies.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#3Joker4515Posted 9/22/2012 2:37:17 PM
It would be difficult, and there are some points you would need to use a gun, but I'm sure it's possible.

But there are some parts you would need to use a gun, like for shooting down flying enemies.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2
#4kyotosomo(Topic Creator)Posted 9/22/2012 2:45:13 PM
I forgot to mention I'm completely fine with needing a powerful gun at certain points like boss battles, hard missions, or certain enemies (I expected that). My skill tree is going to be every skill on the right side filled out except for "Be Like Water" (the skill that raises gun damage when you do a melee attack and vice versa). I am also going to have "C0unter Strike" (Raises melee damage after being hit) maxed out and my last three points in "Ambush" (Increases damage when attacking an enemy from behind or that is distracted).
#5kabasaPosted 9/22/2012 2:53:13 PM
Probably die a lot.
---
Eddie: Ill be back soon covered in Metal God love.
Ozzy: Oh god...
#6FlowlingPosted 9/22/2012 3:07:25 PM
I just finished the game with a Lvl. 35 Bloodlust Zero, so yes. It's not only possible, but fun as well. Just make sure you carry a Rocket Launcher or a Sniper for enemies who won't let you stab them to death.
---
"Like the rest of the world, Skyrim fans want to bang fictional vampires and werewolves." - Retneug
#7Xcon3Posted 9/22/2012 3:09:31 PM
Absolutely!

Get the LAW pistol (+100% melee damage) and the ORDER shield (700+ "roids" damage)

When you have both equipped at the same time, Zero steals 100% of the damage he deals with each swipe (no kill needed).

This allows you to effectively tank for extremely long periods of time since you are constantly healing yourself to max health. Combine that with the deception final and you can take out entire zones with just melee.

You can go toe to toe with super badasses.
---
Brawl Code: 1032-0922-1772 Brawl Name: D
RIP: Orlando of the Axe Karma: 1642 --he delivered!
#8monkmithPosted 9/22/2012 3:40:51 PM
Xcon3 posted...
Absolutely!

Get the LAW pistol (+100% melee damage) and the ORDER shield (700+ "roids" damage)

When you have both equipped at the same time, Zero steals 100% of the damage he deals with each swipe (no kill needed).

This allows you to effectively tank for extremely long periods of time since you are constantly healing yourself to max health. Combine that with the deception final and you can take out entire zones with just melee.

where do you get both, are they quest rewards.
---
build a man a fire and he will be warm for a day, but set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
Baka wa shinanakya naoranai.
#9Julian_CaesarPosted 9/22/2012 3:44:28 PM
Absolutely!

This is the reason I already love this game. There are some really awesome builds if you save your good items. Plus....87 bazillion guns?? More like 87 bazillion easter eggs!!
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#10Mouse_CrousePosted 9/22/2012 3:44:28 PM
They are both quest rewards for helping the sheriff in Sanctuary. 2 different quests at 2 different times in the game.