I had this same problem in Skyrim

#1FindKenshiPosted 9/22/2012 4:00:45 PM
I'm a Diablo player at heart.. so the whole thing they do in Skyrim and Borderlands 1/2 where there is tons and tons of "extra" quests on the side.

It seems like you get stuck in a never-ending loop of doing extras. I like to complete everything I'm on and then move on. But one quest leads to like two more quests and it's like uuhhh

lol how do you play this type of game. Do you just do the main quests only and go knock out a few side quests out of boredom? or do you complete EVERY side quest in every major area before you move on? And if you do that how do you NOT over-level the content.

Because after doing like 15 side quests now not only am I starting to get bored, I'm like 5 levels too high for my content because I've leveled up so much.
---
From this day forward, I will troll no more forever.
17 JAN 2012
#2Julian_CaesarPosted 9/22/2012 4:03:21 PM
Because after doing like 15 side quests now not only am I starting to get bored, I'm like 5 levels too high for my content because I've leveled up so much.

That's what new game+ is for...the enemies scale to you once you max out. Or at least, they did in BL1. Then everything is tough. It becomes nigh-impossible to solo some of the quests after max level.

I'll be honest, I kinda enjoy blasting the hell out of everything. That's why I do the side quests :D
---
Every day the rest of your life is changed forever.
#3danishjuggler21Posted 9/22/2012 4:04:17 PM
Right now, I'm doing only enough side quests to stay a level above the main quest.
---
XBOX Live Gamertag: danishjuggler03
"I refuse to quote myself in my signature - I've always thought people who do that are lame." - danishjuggler21
#4PenguinKillBearPosted 9/22/2012 4:04:23 PM
Plenty of people dont do sidequests at all. You will find that you can fall a bit behind level wise but not enough that its impossible. I like doing all the sidequests because it means more loot and I like loot.

Also eventually you get to a point where you are max leveled and enemies are maxed level so you can be over leveled.
---
GT; PenguinKillBear
#5jayman1305Posted 9/22/2012 4:33:00 PM
FindKenshi posted...
I'm a Diablo player at heart.. so the whole thing they do in Skyrim and Borderlands 1/2 where there is tons and tons of "extra" quests on the side.

It seems like you get stuck in a never-ending loop of doing extras. I like to complete everything I'm on and then move on. But one quest leads to like two more quests and it's .

First did you know that Skyrim has an INFINITE amount of
side quests? while borderlands generates random loot,
Skyrim can generate random side quests forever! you cant ever
finish all of them. i hope that revelation opens your eyes.

For other games like Borderlands, that have a LIMITED number
of side quests, i like to do all of them. because it makes the game
feel more meaty full of content. i lik ,meeting other charcters and seeing new stories which expand on the universe. the developers put in side quest for this reason and also to give the game a relaxed open pace, if you tire of the main quest.

what if you hate side questing? dont do them. but for my money i buy games because i want to enjoy everything about it.