For any Henry hunters just a tip on drop locations.

#11Joker4515Posted 9/23/2012 9:29:36 AM
Awesome info TC!
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2
#12AethonWarriorPosted 9/23/2012 9:33:54 AM
bessy67 posted...
always_kueve posted...
Who can I ask is this Henry character you guys are farming

He's a stalker boss by that one city where everyone is sick (can't remember the name of it)

Overlook! They all got them Head shiva's
---
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORDERLANNNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDS 22222222222222222222222222222222222!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#13TheRealMrChaosPosted 9/25/2012 1:05:36 AM
Okay, this is pretty weird.

Just to flesh out Godly's information, these are my Henry farming experiences-

Firstly, at level 21-23 I farmed for 9 hours STRAIGHT with only two shield drops.

After hitting 25 I came back, this is what happened-

Exactly 5 kills - Axton head
10-15 kills later- orange shield
15-20 kills later- orange shield
around 100-150 kills later- Zer0 head
10-15 kills later- orange shield
15-20 kills later- orange shield
around 100-150 kills later- Maya head

So, I'm starting to see a pattern emerge. Tomorrow night I'm going to get back to farming just to see what happens and to see if I can get a gunzerker head. Here's why this is interesting-

1) There is a pattern. After I hit 25, a very clear pattern arose. Even before I hit 25, the pattern remains. This might work to elucidate some of the mechanics behind the drops in this game.

2) I had the EXACT same results as Godly, but the first two orange shields took me much longer. Six orange shields, 2 heads before I got my own. This EXACT pattern of head drops has happened to other people on the forum, and here's the kicker- Killing badass creepers, I got my own head skin third.

Here's what my hypothesis is-

1. Bosses have predictable loot tables
2. The loot tables are 'seeded' by something. Possibly your character name.

Thoughts, anyone? When I get to farming later I'll report what happens but as far as boss-specific loot, I predict I will kill the boss about 175 times and get a gunzerker head.
#14LukeStrife5Posted 9/25/2012 1:11:21 AM
I don't think I really agree with this. Bosses have set percentages to drop loots. Their movements are for the most part random based on how the computer decides to make them react. I've gotten head drops from stuff you've labeled as the worst move.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#15TheRealMrChaosPosted 9/25/2012 1:25:54 AM
LukeStrife5 posted...
I don't think I really agree with this. Bosses have set percentages to drop loots. Their movements are for the most part random based on how the computer decides to make them react. I've gotten head drops from stuff you've labeled as the worst move.

Agreed, my orange drops and head drops seem to have no meaningful correlation with Henry's movements before I kill him.

However, to further support my theory, I just killed Henry 10 more times and the orange shield dropped again on EXACTLY the 10th time.

This means my drops are as follows-
Shield, shield, Axton head, 10 kills, shield, 15ish kills, shield, 100ish kills, Zer0 head, 10 kills, shield, 15ish kills, shield, 100ish kills, Maya head, 10 kills, shield.

If the pattern I established in my prior post is accurate, 15 or so more kills will net me my 8th shield, followed by around 100 kills for the gunzerker head.

Considering that the OP got exactly 6 shields before his Siren head (just like me), and got Axton's and Zer0's heads before maya's as well I feel like this correlation is too strong to ignore.
#16LukeStrife5Posted 9/25/2012 1:28:38 AM
TheRealMrChaos posted...
LukeStrife5 posted...

Agreed, my orange drops and head drops seem to have no meaningful correlation with Henry's movements before I kill him.

However, to further support my theory, I just killed Henry 10 more times and the orange shield dropped again on EXACTLY the 10th time.

Shield, shield, Axton head, 10 kills, shield, 15ish kills, shield, 100ish kills, Zer0 head, 10 kills, shield, 15ish kills, shield, 100ish kills, Maya head, 10 kills, shield.

If the pattern I established in my prior post is accurate, 15 or so more kills will net me my 8th shield, followed by around 100 kills for the gunzerker head.

Considering that the OP got exactly 6 shields before his Siren head (just like me), and got Axton's and Zer0's heads before maya's as well I feel like this correlation is too strong to ignore.

Considering I've farmed him for 4 days (probably 2-3 hours each) and only just got him to drop a head today. Yeah that isn't accurate at all.
---
www.doabarrelroll.net
#17TheRealMrChaosPosted 9/26/2012 6:25:27 AM
LukeStrife5 posted...
TheRealMrChaos posted...
LukeStrife5 posted...

Considering I've farmed him for 4 days (probably 2-3 hours each) and only just got him to drop a head today. Yeah that isn't accurate at all.

What level are you? I didn't get any drops until I was 25.

And to follow up with my research, things got weird. 3 more shields and a head drop (it was zer0's again though) right about where it was supposed to be, were there a pattern. Then nothing.
#18RahzarXPosted 9/26/2012 7:15:17 PM
Unfortunately that list is moot because the drops are random.

You put random information together thinking it forms a pattern. It really doesn't, that's just the order you got drops in.

Random. Loot.
---
whythefat "DDR, I notice your karma is 567. That 5+6+7= 18. 18 plus your IQ is 19. There were 19 hijackers on 911. You are a terrorist."
#19Element_PearlPosted 9/26/2012 9:22:50 PM
The best thing about this topic is that all that info is probably false.
---
Official Censored Element of the Fraternal Order of Monster Hunter Gentlemen.