So I just had the golden chest in sanctuary glitch, infinite purple weapons.

#1RudadPosted 9/23/2012 2:47:50 PM
The premier club golden chest in Sanctuary:

I was hosting and had two friends in the game. No idea how it happened but both of them could open the chest an infintie amount of times. (I could only open it once using my one golden key) and we hoarded a crap ton of purple weapons and mods etc.

I'm not complaining but does anyone know how this happened? I've now got a God like shotgun and loads of very good pistols and smgs for my melee assassin build.
#2FrozenHELL78Posted 9/23/2012 3:02:11 PM
i have a friend who had that happen to him. and another who almost always gets another golden key each time he joins a multiplayer game. ill be honest i was a bit jealous lol
---
Gamertag - Mosaic78
#3Rudad(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2012 3:13:01 PM
So it's something to do with what happens when you join someones game? I'll have to try it out before gearbox issue a patch haha. We had so many purple items spawn, it was crazy.
#4Aqua69696Posted 9/23/2012 3:29:10 PM
I have a semi-related question. Does each character get 1 Gold Key, or is it one per console? I heard you get another one at lvl 50, and heard rumours (That others said weren't true) that getting triple vault sign on the vending machines can get you another one.
---
WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, and we will never lose,
WAKE UP, WAKE UP, WAKE UP, it's time to make a move.
#5supercoolisaacPosted 9/23/2012 3:34:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGZefn3GiKQ
---
"Frequently hated, either that or misunderstood."
http://www.youtube.com/user/supercoolisaac
#6shinnok2k5Posted 9/23/2012 3:37:01 PM
Its one per profile. Once you use it on any one character on that profile its gone.
---
"We live in a world of give and take, but not enough men are willing to give what it takes"
#7Aqua69696Posted 9/23/2012 3:46:51 PM
shinnok2k5 posted...
Its one per profile. Once you use it on any one character on that profile its gone.

Thank you, but another question, I'm not sure how DLC on different profiles on the same consoles work (As profiles can be switched to different consoles, right?

Me and my brother started a game on his Xbox, he was player one, I was player 2. Before starting, he entered his premiere edition code, and when we started, I also had the Gearbox Golden guns, and a golden key. My question is, If I were to create a new profile on his Xbox, would that profile now have another key, or is it only for profiles that existed when you entered the code?
Sorry, I'm not a big DLC buyer.
---
#8supersonic33342Posted 9/23/2012 3:48:36 PM
How do we do this :(. I wanna know how to glitch the chest.
---
http://i46.tinypic.com/121eu15.jpg
#9Aqua69696Posted 9/23/2012 3:54:54 PM
Err, actually, I'll give a shot version of my question: Can you get infinite Golden Keys by making infinite profiles.

From what I understand, the glitch happens when the person who opened the chest doesn't loot all of it?

I'll also give another question. Can you do this splitscreen? I don't really care, as I'm never gonna use my golden key regardless, I'm just interested in this glitch... If I ever get bored of the game completely... maybe give it a few revolutions.
---