Is Helious even worth it?

#1MrImpatient35Posted 9/23/2012 4:06:57 PM
Helios is a Siren skill. I'm not too far in the game, but I'm assuming that most of your enemies will be robots, so since Helios does fire damage, wouldn't it be pointless? I have it at lvl 2 right now. I'm thinking about putting my points elsewhere. What do you think about it?
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#2StaticPenguinPosted 9/23/2012 4:07:30 PM
Helios is very effective.
---
I named him Waggleton P. Tallylicker. I never got the chance to tell him. He will be remembered. ~ Grayson Hunt
#3mr_teaspoonPosted 9/23/2012 4:08:14 PM
I'm a level 22 Siren, I find it really useful so far.
#4SwordToTheChestPosted 9/23/2012 4:08:29 PM
It does a hell of a lot damage once you get it leveled up.

And if you can snag a good class mod for it (I have the Hell Witch, which gives it +4 ranks!!) it can be brutal. That, combined with Convergence is a nasty combo.

Just waiting until I can get Ruin!
#5nilla151Posted 9/23/2012 4:10:31 PM
If your not far into the game stop worrying about it. Worry about what's effective later o. Bt to answer yes it's worthy it. Between Helios and ruin every status effect goes into motion when you lock an enemy.
#6OofreakoOPosted 9/23/2012 4:12:28 PM
i like it a lot. seems effective to me.
---
The ocean floor is hidden from your viewing lens.
#7jeriausxPosted 9/23/2012 4:13:32 PM
Most enemies are not robots. Even if they were, fire isn't ineffective against them. It's just MORE effective against health then armor or shield.
---
GT: Shovel Hunter
#8VixenofVenusPosted 9/23/2012 4:14:41 PM
Helios is a Siren skill. I'm not too far in the game, but I'm assuming that most of your enemies will be robots, so since Helios does fire damage, wouldn't it be pointless? I have it at lvl 2 right now. I'm thinking about putting my points elsewhere. What do you think about it?

About 25-35% of the enemies you face are robots or have "flaming" immunity of some kind

The rest are made of flesh ... and fire is highly effective vs. flesh ...

If you do the math, Helios is AMAZINGLY useful.
---
Matthew 5:5 - Blessed are the geeks, for they shall inherit Middlearth.
You think you have lag? It took Jesus three days to respawn!
#9DarquePosted 9/23/2012 4:18:27 PM
Helios is fantastic.

Slap someone with Phaselock+helios then shoot them with a slag weapon+cloud kill

Fun, fun, fun.....
---
Jill Valentine > You
#10jmyoda10Posted 9/23/2012 4:19:04 PM
Hell Fox is the best mod for Phase locking damage. Bonus to Helios and Bonus to fire damage and ignite chance. It synergizes with itself!
---
Why are so many people in personal ads looking for D&D free? What's wrong with a little tabletop roleplaying?