What is amp and what is roid?

#1HyperpantsPosted 9/24/2012 12:41:10 PM
I keep seeing these, but I haven't seen anything that gives that type of damage or anything. They are mostly on shields.
---
When life gives you lemons, /reroll.
#2demakaPosted 9/24/2012 12:42:12 PM
Hyperpants posted...
I keep seeing these, but I haven't seen anything that gives that type of damage or anything. They are mostly on shields.

It says exactly what they are in the descriptions for each shield that has them....
#3korruptid239Posted 9/24/2012 12:42:41 PM
Both types explain exactly what they do.

The shield with amp damage says "next shot does AMP damage and drains shield, only when at full shields", so when your shield is full, your next bullet deals bonus AMP damage.

Roid shields also explain exactly what they do, Roid = bonus melee damage.
#4nuclearpizzaPosted 9/24/2012 12:42:46 PM
amp is bonus damage that is taken from your shield.

If it does 100 amp damage and your shields are 1000 when you fire that next shot your shield drops to 900.
Roid...not 100% sure of, but seems to be just added strength to melee attacks.
---
All about me:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQd7_HqR900
GT: Rainingoblivion
#5Slayer_22Posted 9/24/2012 12:43:18 PM
Roid makes you have more melee damage depending on the + Roid Damage amount, no idea what amps do. I think they're the ones that give you shield boosters?
---
You should check out Imagine Dragons http://youtu.be/wO0ohGn-x3E
<o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/ <o> YES! \o/
#6demakaPosted 9/24/2012 12:43:19 PM
demaka posted...
Hyperpants posted...

It says exactly what they are in the descriptions for each shield that has them....

"Gives bonus roid damage when shield runs out
Bonus melee damage"

Seriously. How is that complicated?
#7SinisterSamuraiPosted 9/24/2012 12:47:58 PM
Don't know, but pretty sure amp makes your gunfire stronger by x amount when shields pop, and that (ste)roid makes your melee y stronger when shields pop.
---
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
#8penguinfrommarsPosted 9/24/2012 1:05:09 PM
I have a question regarding Amp. If I have something that raises my crit damage, does it apply before the extra crit damage, or does it take affect after?

Example 100 amp damage with 6% extra crit damage would = 106 damage+damage x 6%
---
Space Penguins From mars Consume Human flesh. ( It tatses good.)
#9alpo706Posted 9/24/2012 1:08:44 PM
penguinfrommars posted...
I have a question regarding Amp. If I have something that raises my crit damage, does it apply before the extra crit damage, or does it take affect after?

Example 100 amp damage with 6% extra crit damage would = 106 damage+damage x 6%

Both amp and roid damage are added to the base damage before bonuses and mitigation are taken into account.
---
The game you should be playing:
https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/?referral=2020914
#10Android21APosted 9/24/2012 9:57:44 PM
Amp is before critical and is therefore REALLY good on snipers and shotguns.
---
Will you take the Rocket Launcher?
>Yes No