Does anyone else dislike the fact that legendaries now have definite locations?

#11WarchildPosted 9/24/2012 10:45:05 PM
I got my first orange weapon from the Badass Creeper in the mine level, a sniper. Got the same EXACT sniper when I went back a few tries later. Yeah, it does kind of suck. I guess it's more like how bosses always drop the same weapon, or how you always get the same reward item (albeit with different stats) throughout the game.
---
I think God is really a 12 year old and we're just his science fair project.
#12Jahozafat124Posted 9/24/2012 10:46:05 PM
TheUndeadCrow posted...
They do not have definite locations. They have locations that have a higher chance of producing certain weapons than anywhere else in the game.

Regular loot chests have an orange drop chance of 1 out of thousands. However, Uniquely Named enemies/mini-bosses or bosses have something like a 1/20 chance of dropping a specific gun.

This adds to the whole RPG feel of the game since before you would just go farm the enemy that was the most difficult and gave you the most drops. (Crawmerax) Now you have some incentive to repeat the mini-boss fights and revisit locations you probably would have never gone back to. It adds to the entertainment value of the game.

1/20 chance is a definite location in my mind. I'd prefer it to be completely random. That way I have no idea what to expect from any creature at any time.

and yet, would it make any sense to you if a regular psyco ever dropped a legendary gun? serieously the odds of specific enemies dropping specific legendary stuff actually makes sense in this game, and the way you sound it should be that everything has an equal opportunity to drop everything.

This leads me to believe one of 2 things:
1) This is your first time playing an RPG of any nature
2) You think that everything should be so easy to obtain with little to no effort (ie: killing tons of enemies that don't stand a chance against you will eventually yield the item you want regardless of what they are)

I'm serieously hoping you fall under the first catagory
---
To those that claim to have no religion, sorry you grew up without a dictionary.
Religion is having a belief, you believe in nothing.
#13MetaIGearRexPosted 9/24/2012 10:47:21 PM
Japhasca posted...
TheUndeadCrow posted...
They do not have definite locations. They have locations that have a higher chance of producing certain weapons than anywhere else in the game.

Regular loot chests have an orange drop chance of 1 out of thousands. However, Uniquely Named enemies/mini-bosses or bosses have something like a 1/20 chance of dropping a specific gun.

This adds to the whole RPG feel of the game since before you would just go farm the enemy that was the most difficult and gave you the most drops. (Crawmerax) Now you have some incentive to repeat the mini-boss fights and revisit locations you probably would have never gone back to. It adds to the entertainment value of the game.

1/20 chance is a definite location in my mind. I'd prefer it to be completely random. That way I have no idea what to expect from any creature at any time.

Clearly you have no concept of random numbers. 1 in 20 (5%) is by no means definite. And if the enemy is a unique (and not a boss) he will not have a weapon tied to him and if an orange drops it will be COMPLETELY random what it is.

If you want to farm fridges and boxes all day (because there are a LOT more of them than named enemies) be my guest, but I'd rather the higher % on enemies because then I can farm by SHOOTING stuff, which is kind of the whole point of the game.

Your wrong. Enemies do have weapons essentially attached to them. You want sledges shotgun go farm Smash head. Want a Volcano, go farm the destroyer. Works like a charm.
#14TheUndeadCrow(Topic Creator)Posted 9/24/2012 11:07:11 PM(edited)
Clearly you have no concept of random numbers. 1 in 20 (5%) is by no means definite. And if the enemy is a unique (and not a boss) he will not have a weapon tied to him and if an orange drops it will be COMPLETELY random what it is.

Firstly, I said 'in my mind'. Secondly, when the normal chance is like what, 1 in 100,000? I'd say that, relatively, 1 in 20 is pretty damn definite.

and yet, would it make any sense to you if a regular psyco ever dropped a legendary gun? serieously the odds of specific enemies dropping specific legendary stuff actually makes sense in this game, and the way you sound it should be that everything has an equal opportunity to drop everything.

2) You think that everything should be so easy to obtain with little to no effort (ie: killing tons of enemies that don't stand a chance against you will eventually yield the item you want regardless of what they are)

Have you even read my posts? I said in the very first sentence of my first post I'd prefer it to be like in the first Borderlands. Bosses had an increased chance of dropping better loot but they didn't have these huge odds of dropping a specific weapon. I.E. I want it to be harder to obtain Legendary loot. I've literally got Sledge's Shotgun from Smash Head 3 times in a row. This was by myself, with no Vault Hunter Relic on the first playthrough.
#15DeadLock25Posted 9/24/2012 11:17:01 PM
TheUndeadCrow posted...

Firstly, I said 'in my mind'. Secondly, when the normal chance is like what, 1 in 100,000? I'd say that, relatively, 1 in 20 is pretty damn definite.

Have you even read my posts? I said in the very first sentence of my first post I'd prefer it to be like in the first Borderlands. Bosses had an increased chance of dropping better loot but they didn't have these huge odds of dropping a specific weapon. I.E. I want it to be harder to obtain Legendary loot. I've literally got Sledge's Shotgun from Smash Head 3 times in a row. This was by myself, with no Vault Hunter Relic on the first playthrough.

Then you are very lucky. With the relic I have killed him over 20 times and have not gotten a single orange from him, Skooters GF before him , nor the Rakkman after him. It may seem to be quite easy to you, but trust me other people have not had your luck.

By the way its 1/ thousands, not hundreds of thousands. a 1/100,000 = .00001% is unimaginably small. Trust me its more like 1/1-3,000 = .001% compared to a 5% is quite a difference. It was a bit harder to get the same loot in BL1, but as I said people did farm only on thing which made the game boring. Im pretty sure they decreased the overall drop chance of Legendary weapons compared to BL1, since oranges were everywhere (including machines and boss drops) by the time you were done with play-through 2.

They are much harder to come by and you are force to work for them a little more (travelling instead of farming the same thing over and over hoping to get something you didnt have before) which helps you enjoy and remember the rest of the game. This is all entertainment value.

I can see what you're getting at TC, but I still think this a much better system for reasons stated above and in previous posts. I think that getting the same weapon drop from one easy to farm boss is what might have discouraged you from seeing the benefit of the system.
---
GT: Deadlock25