Cannot beat Flint solo?

#1Cell2uPosted 9/25/2012 9:48:12 AM
This game is ridiculously hard solo. I run out of ammo and Flint barely loses any health because them little running guys are always on me and they dont stop spawning. Does this game require you to play online in order to beat it? If so that really sucks.
And before you say its easy and i must suck, i beat Borderlands 1 like 5 times, beat Demons Souls and Dark Souls multiple times, all solo. This game is 100x harder. Not fun so far.
#2ThankMeNowBLEHHPosted 9/25/2012 9:50:54 AM
ummm.... really? i dont understand whats so hard about flint. when i was using zero i start off my sniping his bandits. and after that i aggro him to drop down to rush me. then i use a shotgun or any medium range gun to take him down. watch out for the flames.

if you cant beat him then it must be your weapons, shields, or your tactic.
---
GT: SitRepProProPro
Psn: Teensiestulip9
#3Godly_GoofPosted 9/25/2012 9:51:54 AM
Use shotgun from claptrap or sniper from what's his names quest and he should die fast. He's not that bad. Or your just under leveled, should be around level 8 there give or take
---
Dear Superbot, There is this new thing called RPGs and JRPGs that make up about 70% of the PS roster. In the future put them in your damn games :/
#4themagicpainmanPosted 9/25/2012 9:52:08 AM(edited)
Did you skip side quests?
---
http://i.imgur.com/1hsMf.jpg
Not changing this sig until Happy Trees Maokai is released. SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE.
#5infinitexxPosted 9/25/2012 9:52:00 AM
Do some of the side quests available before that story mission, get a better gun/shield, don't use a fire weapon.
---
Posted from my Xbox360 with 360FAQS v1.1
#6SchesparnPosted 9/25/2012 9:52:31 AM
He's not EASY by any means, but he shouldn't be THAT hard. If you're having trouble, just try scavenging around for better equipment. It could make all the difference in the world.

Oh, and remember his critical location is the sides and back of his head. Not the front, because of the mask.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#7bcon1208Posted 9/25/2012 9:52:33 AM
I've been playing solo for about 90% and I'm halfwayish through the story..like he said ^, it must be your gear...or you're just bad...
---
GT: lIl Nemesis lIl
"You can run, but you'll just die tired"
#8Scared0o0RabbitPosted 9/25/2012 9:53:31 AM
Stand on the platform that you enter the arena from. If you creep up to the edge you should be able to snipe from up there. If you run out of ammo run down and buy more.

Really though each character is going to need a different strategy to beat him.
---
Gaming for > 20 years
XBL: Cagey Rabbit
#9Destiny_BreakerPosted 9/25/2012 9:55:28 AM
Easy way is to run to the door below him then jump on that slanted area and shoot from there, but get some bandits killed first and no they don't keep spawning. Otherwise use grenades and cover. Grenades actually work in this game and also when he is on fire he takes less damage. If its still too hard i will help you later, but other bosses are harder.
---
Heart Gold 4727-1549-3910
Platinum: 3094 3630 9173
#10c0rr0s10nPosted 9/25/2012 9:55:53 AM
i got to him with each character type by 8th level and the only class that i didnt die multiple times with was axton, also the only guns that would drop were either flame or normal. sucks to be me, at least i dont have to do it anymore.
---
"You Big, Stupid, Jellyfish!"