Help Beating W4R-D3N

#1Lord of NightmaresPosted 9/26/2012 2:44:57 AM
I'm currently level 14 and I'm having a ton of trouble beating him,. His shields are ridiculously high and even with criticals from my sniper rifle which deal 600+ damage per shot, I'm barely managing to whittle them down by even half before he calls in enough backup to force me to deal with them instead, by which time his shields have fully regenerated.

And yes, I've tried using electric weapons to deal extra damage to the shields, but the damage seems to be really pitiful. Is there some trick to beating him? Thanks!
#2YiddosRulePosted 9/26/2012 2:48:25 AM
Like you said, you need to get the shields down and preferably by using a combo of shocked rocket launcher, grenades or smg.
---
XBLGT : FunkNflex
#3EvilAshTwinPosted 9/26/2012 2:49:10 AM
I would suggest getting a corrosive weapon.

Also, what class are you playing?
#4Erik_PPosted 9/26/2012 2:53:14 AM
Rocket launcher and MIRV grenades that throw out additional grenades are what helped me.
---
I wouldn't know right from wrong if one was helping the poor and the other was banging my sister. - Max Payne 3
#5WarzorePosted 9/26/2012 2:54:52 AM
wow level 14 looks like you just doing the story mission straight, I see most people get there around the 25s, I think at your level so low he's tough, you can stay under the "second" deck where the ammo and health machines at that way you can restock and he wont hit you, like the guy say if you got a good corrosive weapon that should do it.
#6Lord of Nightmares(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2012 3:00:00 AM(edited)
I'm using Maya. I'm not sure if Phaselock will help in any way, I don't really like the skill so far (it's really hard for me to spot the enemy's head in that dark purple glow) as it seems far less useful as compared to Lillith's Phasewalk.

It's just strange that the difficulty curve suddenly skyrocketed with this boss. Granted, it hasn't been a walk in the park up till this point, but at least I've thus far been able to deal with most enemies just fine, bosses included.

Edit: Level 25!!!?? Holy crap, that's crazy. I've been doing every sidequest that I've been able to come across up till this point, and killed a ton of badasses along the way but I'm still only level 14. Is there some area that I can access at this point in the game where I can get a ton of experience?
#7MoegittoPosted 9/26/2012 3:06:37 AM
Beat him at 12, you need to have a combo of the following:

A Electrical weapon to drop the shields then a corrosive weapon
A strong Orange weapon
A rocket launcher with any element except fire
Preferably a weapon suited for your class

I beat him with Zero, Friendship Gulag is the better place to fight him because you can camp him on the left side of the map. Take every opportunity even if you're gonna get hurt bad to take out those support shield drones. They give shields to EVERY enemy on the field. If you can't find any corrosive weapons then a weapon with explosive damage will work after the shields are down. But you should have at least one weak corrosive weapon, even if it's just a grenade mod.
---
Samsung Galaxy S3, PC, Xbox 360, PS Vita
G-Tag/PSN: TheTrueMoegitto
#8FreiFightPosted 9/26/2012 5:17:15 AM
Warzore posted...
wow level 14 looks like you just doing the story mission straight, I see most people get there around the 25s, I think at your level so low he's tough, you can stay under the "second" deck where the ammo and health machines at that way you can restock and he wont hit you, like the guy say if you got a good corrosive weapon that should do it.

Level 25? That is way way way over leveled for this quest. I am only level 20 and just started doing the side quests in Highlands and Fridge.
---
http://images.wikia.com/starwars-exodus/images/a/a1/Kamulos2.jpg
Ain't no rest for the wicked so it's time to get to work.
#9bcon1208Posted 9/26/2012 5:27:54 AM
I don't remember what level I was...but I killed him in about 5 seconds flat. I even got the achievement for killing a constructor before it can create any other bots...I'm not sure why you're having such an issue, especially if you're sniper rifle does that much damage. Are you hitting his eye repeatably?

I'm playing as a sniper Zer0, all I did was throw my 3 sticky, MIRV, corrosive grenades (yes, they are awesome), then put my whole rifle clip into his eye. Critical! Critical! Critical! Critical! DEAD!

It really shouldn't be that hard
---
GT: lIl Nemesis lIl
"You can run, but you'll just die tired"
#10mhunterchumpPosted 9/26/2012 6:18:00 AM
I just did this quest last night at level 15 and it is a tough one because of the leader robots just murdering you when you get near the W4R-D3N..

Funny thing is the W4R-D3N that is holding Rolan really isn't that tough, its the other robots that destroy you.

I'm not sure which section you're having trouble with but if it's the final part (the second time you fight it) I found a rather easy way to defeat it after a few failed attempts.

You can enter either side to get to the boss and the leader robots follow you. So I drew the leader robots to the far left side, when they got close to me, I ran around them to the right side and then you have the W4R-D3N by itself for about 2 minutes where you can unload on it.

When the leader robots finally make it back, I ran back to the left side to draw them again and repeated this. The W4R-D3N does regain a little of its shield each time but after 3 trips back and forth, it dies and I saved Rolan.

It worked for me.
---
PSN/Xbox:mhunterchump
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump