Minecraft Shotgun and Sniper Rifle

#21MixorzPosted 9/26/2012 1:10:56 PM
stormywaters posted...

you know, I really want to get some frags in whatever-fotm-shooter, but I don't have the time to get good... it's only fair that I use an aimbot.

That's a bad example because it is hurting someone else and would be a competitive game.

Sorry I work too and it didn't even tke tht long to farm. It's okay, bad kids usually find justifications to cheat because they can't accept they are indeed bad kids.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#22RedWolf1209Posted 9/26/2012 1:13:02 PM
Some people say duping is hurting no one, but think about this... Let's say there's players out there who are very much into trading and the virtual, or as some like to call it, fake, economy. They have a very rare item that they earned through several hours of gameplay, but they don't want to use it themselves so they decide to trade it. Let's assume it's worth several items of a slightly lower rarity. However, another player has found the same item and decides to dupe it through an exploit. He does this many times, for friends and people on a forum he frequents that would like to have the item. While this is seen as a kind gesture by those people, the other player who wanted to trade his version of the item sees it as a harmful action. Suddenly, the virtual, or fake, economy is flooded with copies of the item and his is now almost worthless.

There are players out there who won't care and do it anyway, and there's really no stopping them, but they have to admit, there is harm in it.
#23OrgeLambartPosted 9/26/2012 1:15:28 PM
Gearbox doesn't care about duping or they'd have the game save after every time you drop an item or trade an item, the same way they do it for the Golden chest

It's such a simple fix and has been around since the first game. no it won't get fixed, and they don't care about it being done.

The same as Modding, they don't care until the modders start to do evil things like glitch/freeze up games.
#24MixorzPosted 9/26/2012 1:16:56 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
Gearbox doesn't care about duping or they'd have the game save after every time you drop an item or trade an item, the same way they do it for the Golden chest

It's such a simple fix and has been around since the first game. no it won't get fixed, and they don't care about it being done.

The same as Modding, they don't care until the modders start to do evil things like glitch/freeze up games.

I guess people don't care about aids because they haven't cured it according to your logic. Duping weapons is basically saying you don't want to cure aids.
---
They'll always need men like us. Those who are willing to do what others cannot.
XBox Live GT: Mixorz
#25BravoOneDeltaPosted 9/26/2012 1:21:26 PM
Mixorz posted...
OrgeLambart posted...

I guess people don't care about aids because they haven't cured it according to your logic. Duping weapons is basically saying you don't want to cure aids.

Well that escalated quickly.
#26CorporalGiroroPosted 9/26/2012 1:22:20 PM
He asked if anyone would, he didn't demand everyone here to mod their games to give him 1billion strength shields and weapons.

Stop getting so worked up over something not worth getting worked up about.
---
Girogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogirogiro
WWWYKI
#27KCx13Posted 9/26/2012 1:24:12 PM
Mixorz posted...
OrgeLambart posted...

No saying you dont want to cure aids is saying you dont want to cure aids, this is a virtual game not a fatal STD.
---
Some men just want to watch the world burn.
#28duericPosted 9/26/2012 1:24:27 PM
I got the sniper on my second try.

Frankly, it's awful compared to everything else I have. I banked it. In fact, now that I think about it, I'll probably just sell it.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#29OrgeLambartPosted 9/26/2012 1:24:40 PM
Why would gearbox not have fixed a very obvious issue with the last game in this game.

It's such an easy fix, look they did it with the golden box. It's because they want people to have fun anyway they see fit. If duping guns and cash if your idea of fun, then they really don't care.

It'd be different if the same exact issue didn't exist in the first game.... It did, you dupe the same way in this game as you did in the last.

Jeez even in this game you can trade stuff and it doesn't save after you complete the trade, if that doesn't scream.... Dupe items.... I don't know what does.

Comparing it to aids doesn't work. Unless a very simple fix for the Aids virus exist... which it doesn't. Where as a very simple fix exist to stop duping and Gearbox just doesn't care.

I like it, too many ninja looters when you play with 4 people online. Atleast if it's you and a buddy you guys can share loots with each other. No duping would just make ninja looting worse. Enjoy sitting there dead while someone decides to pick through the loots.
#30gtarockerPosted 9/26/2012 1:25:55 PM
Mixorz posted...
OrgeLambart posted...

Aids is so last season. It's cancer now.

I have a job 40hours a week plus college graduate after next semester woot! Not a justification to cheat or dupe.

Do what you want but really it's been 8 days! You haven't been playing for three years and yet to have gotten an orange rarity weapon or that last head for your character.
---
Cheaters always deny its cheating