Minecraft Shotgun and Sniper Rifle

#61Deadpool_FTWPosted 9/26/2012 3:50:53 PM
dueric posted...
Deadpool_FTW posted...
Getting off this heated debate, anybody actually know where the Hell the Minecraft area is? Is it like in the Caustic Caverns or somefin'?

Top left corner of Caustic Caverns.

There's a cool vid on Youtube by Rooster Teeth that show you exactly how to get there.

Danke, kamerad. May much good fortune find its way to your door.
---
OBJECTION!
My common sense is tingling!
#62duericPosted 9/26/2012 3:51:43 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
Didn't see anyone begging, he asked for someone to dupe it.

He got attacked?

Where was the whining at, Although I skipped most of the post seeing as it was just people trashing the TC

His problem. He should know better. World's smallest violin and such.

Gamefaqs is what it is.
---
"It's like people using the internet have never heard of the internet." - SadHillShowdown Gamefaqs member
#63gtarockerPosted 9/26/2012 3:54:28 PM
OrgeLambart posted...
Didn't see anyone begging, he asked for someone to dupe it.

He got attacked?

Where was the whining at, Although I skipped most of the post seeing as it was just people trashing the TC

Not specifically this thread but the board in general as almost every 3rd topic is asking for something they've been farming for and haven't got yet. Impatience is running amok
---
Cheaters always deny its cheating
#64Kageblade23Posted 9/26/2012 4:02:48 PM
stormywaters posted...
Asbeau posted...
If you don't have time to farm the weapons, you shouldn't get them.

Stop acting like spoiled kids and thinking you have the right to everything without any effort.

Someone bought the game with their own money or someone bought it for them with theirs... either way they own it and have the right to play however they want as long as it's not ruining someone else's experience which in this case it is not.

I could easily sit here and say "Stop farming people! if you don't get the drop on the first try you need to reset and try again! You shouldn't be fighting the same guy over and over again and saving every time to get something special! That's cheap and lame!" but no, I understand that people are entitled to enjoy something they purchased however they want.

unless ofcourse that person takes his "duped" free weapons jumps in someone else relativley new game and starts going on a murder/ninja loot rampage... then in that case it would ruin the game for someone else so....
#65Aadrian1234Posted 9/26/2012 4:17:32 PM
When someone gets an extremely rare item, then dupes it for you, you now are being rewarded for something you never did. Using duped items is just saying you are too lazy to get it yourself. And if you do have a job/school, why cant you play it on your free time? And if you say you don't have any free time, why are you playing video games? If you dupe because you "bought the game and can play It how you want to", then why doesn't it give you the most powerful gun in the game from the start? Why can't you just put god mode on and kill the final boss at level 1? I'm tired of the reasons why people say they dupe stuff. Im not fond of duping, and never have duped before, but it's the fact that people can't just admit that they are too lazy to put effort into it that bugs me.
---
PSN/GT-Aadrianseth ; Current Status: Addicted to Borderlands 2
#66OrgeLambartPosted 9/26/2012 5:41:30 PM
You can dupe with 2 controllers, both cash and gear, as I already said

It might be considered a cheat if you will, but it's a cheat that Gearbox doesn't care enough about to fix.

Before the first game came out they talked about people having the ability to mod their weapons.

Gearbox is a very cool company because they realize that people have fun for different reasons and don't try to restrict what some people might find fun.
#67XseriesFanPosted 9/26/2012 7:35:41 PM
Honestly, and this is just me, you all need to chill. Let's look at both sides of the argument.

Team No Duping:
- It ruins the amount of effort someone else put in for theirs
- Decreases value of item
- Cheating
- It is lazy (Read: did not spend time yourself grinding)
- No sense of accomplishment
Etc.

Team Duping (or not against, but not for):
- People don't have the time to grind (Read: Luck is absolute crap, cannot get drop in short amount of time)
- Sharing is caring
- It's nice to be able to use weapons for fun and not spend time grinding (Read: Grinding is a waste of time. Not to be confused with not enough time to grind.)
- Boring to grind same enemy/boss just for one drop
- There is no "harm" done in doing so (Read: It doesn't affect others' gameplay on a significant level)
Etc.

Now, what is the common ground between both posts? Neither side will acknowledge the others' arguments. It's such a closed-minded debate that one fact that has been said multiple times is ignored.

Does this affect you at all? Will this affect your gameplay? Does this matter keep you up at night, knowing that something like this is happening on a game?

I can understand there may be a sort of market value to items, but its not something to be upset about. It's a game. Unless your life depended on this, or you get paid in real life for it, then ignore of and move on.

I also understand that its cheating, it takes away the satisfaction someone else might have. Well if it does, then they need to grow up and realize that they earned it themselves. Good for them. The same can be applied to any of you. You earned it, feel satisfied that YOU earned it. Why should it matter to you if someone else got theirs a different way? Worry about yourself.

The same goes for if people do it because they have terrible luck and no.time due to whatever. So what? It doesn't affect your gameplay or life. If it does affect gameplay, join a different game.

If it affects your life, step outside of your house. Don't worry, that big ball of fire in the sky is what we call "The Sun". It is the main source of all life on this planet. Be careful not to stand out there too long; your albino-white skin may burn.

My point is, cheating or not this is stupid to argue about. This affects one person and one person only. The receiver. They don't get the satisfaction, they are a cheater, they save time doing it, whatever. You are not them. Just play the game you paid money to enjoy doing what YOU wanted to do. Don't let other peoples action ruin a game for you.
#68XIPSYCh0TiCXPosted 9/29/2012 2:26:24 AM
I have both if you still need them
#69StuflamesPosted 9/29/2012 2:34:44 AM
Who cares? Does duping really hurt you in anyway. It's a GAME and he can play it how he wants to it's his choice.

Yes, it does hurt the Borderlands 2 multiplayer experience, which is part of what I bought the game for. See: Borderlands 1 multiplayer. All the evidence I need, right there. His choice is annoying and I am against it. That's my choice. Why aren't you defending my choice instead of his? Mine is better.
---
XboxGT: ShakeMeatLock
#70XseriesFanPosted 10/1/2012 12:00:40 AM(edited)
Stuflames posted...
Who cares? Does duping really hurt you in anyway. It's a GAME and he can play it how he wants to it's his choice.

Yes, it does hurt the Borderlands 2 multiplayer experience, which is part of what I bought the game for. See: Borderlands 1 multiplayer. All the evidence I need, right there. His choice is annoying and I am against it. That's my choice. Why aren't you defending my choice instead of his? Mine is better.

Borderlands 1 is a bad comparison atm. Currently, BL1 has duping, weapon editing and entire character modding, while BL2 has duping. Those are on two different levels, its like comparing an Apple and an Orange. Sure, they're both fruits, but they have very little in common when comparing them in that level.

Duping only goes so far: the worst that happens is you are in a game and people run around with absolutely top spec'ed item. I fail to see how this ruins gameplay experience when you can quit and go elsewhere. Or get some friends and play with them. There is a friends only option. And if you don't have friends.. Well, look at my previous post about going outside. If none of your friends have an xbox, well that sucks to be you. Maybe you should have gotten the PC version instead.

Honestly, I don't condone duping, but people paid money to play their game they bought. You getting upset about how they play is basically saying that everyone needs to play along your guidelines. I have not seen a single rulebook on how to play this game. And if you really are so butthurt about duping, then report them to Xbox Live like a little 12 year old who calls Activision because they get owned at CoD.

Once again, people take games too seriously. Games are made to be fun, not to b*tch at others about things. If you can't have fun one way, find another way to have fun or don't play at all. It's that simple.

Edit: You may have the more honorable of the two options, but better is a subjective term. If you still think that your choices should be forced upon others, then you need to return your game to a store and stop playing games altogether. Yes it does ruin the multiplayer experience on a certain degree, but its not by much. Besides, nobody is forcing you to take these items, so it shouldn't affect you or your character anyway.