The Search for Jimmy Jenkins

#1CharityDiaryPosted 9/27/2012 12:12:06 PM
The Jenkins challenge was the last challenge I needed for the Challenge Accepted achievement, so I tried farming for him.

I ran through the Wildlife Exploitation Reserve a few times to check those specific boxes, but that got old, so I eventually developed a route through Opportunity in which I opened the most boxes in the shortest amount of time, then quit and reloaded the game.

It took me 7 hours of running through Opportunity to find Jimmy Jenkins. Every run, I would find one or two loot midgets or wee loot loaders, but they wouldn't be Jimmy. But after seven straight hours, I finally found him, and I have the achievement.

Just letting you guys know... if you're going to farm for him, just go ahead and set a whole day aside for it. Sidenote: achievements should not be based on luck. Worst idea ever.
#2XoXTailzXoXPosted 9/27/2012 12:18:06 PM
Took me 20 mins.
#3happypor100prePosted 9/27/2012 12:18:58 PM
i wasnt even looking for him and he popped up :D
---
GT-Goldchampion200
#4gomi182Posted 9/27/2012 12:19:42 PM
Agreed. I'm a big believer in skill-based achievements, not probability-based.

Is Gearbox telling me that the 130 plus hours I've spent (with associated sleep loss) in the past week wasn't enough for me to 'deserve' to get this?

*sigh*

Still... it must be done.

And, if you think about it... Getting even the 'Nothing rhymes with Orange' challenge, even level one... If you were playing offline, and someone couldn't just lend/dupe you an Orange item... I see people on here that have played over 100 hours and still have no Oranges...

It's the same thing... probablity-based. Though, a higher probability...
#5CharityDiary(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 12:19:59 PM
happypor100pre posted...

Wow. I had spent extensive amounts of time in both Opportunity and the WEP, and I was midway through Playthrough 2, and I still had to do farming runs for seven hours to find him...

I guess I just have terrible luck.
#6mooninomicsPosted 9/27/2012 12:21:11 PM
happypor100pre posted...

Same.

At the Wildlife Exploitation place. Got loot happy and opened four boxes in a row. Three loot midgets and Jimmy popped out at the same time. I gunzerked, slaughtered them all and reaped the rewards.
---
Are you suggesting that moon should get off his ass and write some stories? He's like the Stephen King of gamefaqs. - Sorbz
#7RagnaknitePosted 9/27/2012 12:28:39 PM
I've heard it's like a programming glitch for him to pop out of the third box in Wildlife Preserve in that one room, but it'll probably only happen during the story quest, so you're lucky if you got it then.
#8CharityDiary(Topic Creator)Posted 9/27/2012 12:40:54 PM
Ragnaknite posted...
I've heard it's like a programming glitch for him to pop out of the third box in Wildlife Preserve in that one room, but it'll probably only happen during the story quest, so you're lucky if you got it then.

Yeah, I think that's how most people are finding him.
#9MestreRothGFPosted 9/27/2012 12:51:13 PM
gomi182 posted...

Is Gearbox telling me that the 130 plus hours I've spent (with associated sleep loss) in the past week wasn't enough for me to 'deserve' to get this?

*sigh*

And, if you think about it... Getting even the 'Nothing rhymes with Orange' challenge, even level one... If you were playing offline, and someone couldn't just lend/dupe you an Orange item... I see people on here that have played over 100 hours and still have no Oranges...

It is even worse... If you're playing it coop, the chance of getting an orange AFTER the orange dropped... Well, simply divide it for 4 (even more if the other three are loot ninjas, which most of them are.)
#10Hellbringner1Posted 9/28/2012 8:49:18 AM
gomi182 posted...

*sigh*

I played offline for about 25 hours and got about 14 Oranges up till now. 5 of them just playing the slots.
I know its different from everyone, but still, just go through the storylines and finish everything instead of farming, because it seems to me the rarity of the loot augments with story progression as well...
---
Old School beats New Age
---Wanna know how to fix lag compensation in MW3? Go back to MW2, don't worry, there's no decline in graphics and the maps are better