I don't really understand the draw of a melee build

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. I don't really understand the draw of a melee build
4 years ago#1
It's a loot game, based around mostly guns and partly shields. So why do a melee focused build, specially for a first and ng+ playthrough? I just don't see the charm in that.
Be on the look out for crop dusters.
4 years ago#2
Because it's different and neat.
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
4 years ago#3
Hoping they actually add melee weapons or mods in Borderlands 3 myself
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
4 years ago#4
BL 3 will def have melee weapons - I'm sure. It's not that hard to implement really.
4 years ago#5
because that way they have a reason for being all up on the mob to ninja loot any good gear.

It's not a coincidence most of the malee kids also are notorious ninja looters

Typically if you see a Zero enter your game, fully expect them to ninja loot all the gear.
4 years ago#6
Because Brick and Zer0 are pretty cool guys, so the can punch and slice as many things as they want.
There was this one time the Turians tried to wipe out our entire race. That was fun.
4 years ago#7
Because melee builds never use guns, never ever ever. In fact, putting more than 3 points into Bloodshed disables guns. Oh and you can never respec out of it.
[Exit, pursued by a bear.]
GT:
LafayetteV
4 years ago#8
It's comparatively low maintenance. All the other classes have to replace guns, shields, and grenades every few levels or be neutered. Melee-focused builds only need to keep a +50% or +100% bladed weapon. They still need to loot-compare Shields, class mods and grenades, but if they don't switch out weapons, they'll still be fine.
I order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your place of origin, or to the nearest convenient parallel dimension.
4 years ago#9
Even without a melee build zeros melee is still pretty beastly... I can only imagine how nice a full melee build would be....
4 years ago#10
I don't either. Enemy AI can kite you if you can't get in range.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands 2
  3. I don't really understand the draw of a melee build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived