The Vault Hunter's Relic is either glitched, fake, or doesn't affect legends.

#1Llya_PasternakPosted 9/29/2012 11:59:11 AM
After some guys on the pc board mentioned that tests had been run on the relic, I decided to go look for myself.

Turns out a group of coders have been digging in the pc files and found that not only is "magic find" possibly influenced by map zone as well as player count, but that the relic does not influence orange drop chance. Multiple values were tried including the original 5% (1.05% chance), 500% (6% chance), and 10000% (101% chance).

This means a couple of possibilities.

1. The Relic is broken.

2. The Relic is deliberately fake and was designed to draw in preorders. Placebo.

3.The Relic is very specific, and only applies to blue (called RARE in-game) such as the description says.

The general consensus seems to be either 2 or 3, as magic find as a value clearly works as intended. This can be proved as magic find increases as more players join and has been a feature since the first game.

Here is the thread:
http://www.cheatengine.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=557381&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=345&sid=eea9f027b2a1d92debf0d2eb625b889d
The most relevant post is a about halfway down. Throughout the other 30 or so pages others have tried as well so if you want more proof you'll have to sift through it.

TL;DR
It doesn't do **** and you would be better of using something better benefiting you and your team.
#2Llya_Pasternak(Topic Creator)Posted 9/29/2012 3:29:51 PM
bump
#3jmyoda10Posted 9/29/2012 3:32:54 PM
Or, oranges are so f***ing rare that the abysmal +5% multiplicative bonus on the (estimate) .00000001% drop rate means virtually no difference.
---
Why are so many people in personal ads looking for D&D free? What's wrong with a little tabletop roleplaying?
#4HighpitchsoloPosted 9/29/2012 3:33:48 PM
good to know. I never felt like it worked.
---
Stop taking exactly what I'm saying and repeating it as if its exactly what I said because it is. -Cryptospuridium
#5SamieFishPosted 9/29/2012 3:35:25 PM(edited)
I kind of knew it because I believe the class mod in BL1 didn't work either.
#6MoxRavagerPosted 9/29/2012 3:35:08 PM
jmyoda10 posted...
Or, oranges are so f***ing rare that the abysmal +5% multiplicative bonus on the (estimate) .00000001% drop rate means virtually no difference.

You didn't even click the link. They modded the value the VHR changes in powers of ten and didn't find any difference if it was increased ten times or a million times.
---
Please do not post a picture of your fecal matter. ~AverageAverage
#7KeeperofthedarkPosted 9/29/2012 3:35:32 PM
It doesn't seem to me like it would be faked to draw in more preorders. I mean, wouldn't the free $10 DLC and golden key already do that?
#8jmyoda10Posted 9/29/2012 3:38:14 PM
MoxRavager posted...
You didn't even click the link. They modded the value the VHR changes in powers of ten and didn't find any difference if it was increased ten times or a million times.

No, I didn't. I saw the name of the site and flipped it the mental bird.
---
Why are so many people in personal ads looking for D&D free? What's wrong with a little tabletop roleplaying?
#9CrayonmuffinPosted 9/29/2012 3:38:58 PM
There's already been topics saying that it doesn't help anything. But you're right I haven't noticed a difference. I've actually gotten more blues and purples without it on.
---
360 only ATM. I need a new PC.
Currently awaiting: Borderlands 2, Dishonored, Halo 4, Black Ops 2.
#10DanteRulesPosted 9/29/2012 4:29:02 PM
So know one considered that maybe instead of helping you find higher rarity items, it just helps you find better rolled stats on whatever item you find?