Why's everyone flipping their s*** over this Conference Call gun

#11Hollow_Point_MKPosted 10/1/2012 2:02:56 PM
CheetahZ1 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
It is a shotgun that does 5500 damage seven times in one shot (assuming every pellet hits) That totals up to 38500 damage. Multiply that by 3 (for those two shots that come from the side and you get nearly 115,000 damage. With an extra 50,000 from the Bee you have 165,000 damage WITHOUT CRITICALS.

With Crit hits, Ive gotten 873K damage.

I dont see how you cant like it.

Doesn't the bee add the damage to each pellet?

it does. thats why its broken.
---
Many men live for the present. Great men die for the future.
#12DeadLock25Posted 10/1/2012 2:24:56 PM
CheetahZ1 posted...
DeadLock25 posted...
It is a shotgun that does 5500 damage seven times in one shot (assuming every pellet hits) That totals up to 38500 damage. Multiply that by 3 (for those two shots that come from the side and you get nearly 115,000 damage. With an extra 50,000 from the Bee you have 165,000 damage WITHOUT CRITICALS.

Doesn't the bee add the damage to each pellet?

Well 55500 per pellet, x 7 pellets per shot x 3 hits per shot would amount up to 1,165,500 without criticals.

i believe you are correct, although I have never seen over 1000K damage on my screen.
---
GT: Deadlock25
#13greazy_vikingPosted 10/1/2012 2:30:33 PM
DeadLock25 posted...

Wow, I learn something new everyday. I'll definately be on the lookout for both of them.

Obviously, the Conference Call is a shotgun, but the Bee is a shield right?
---
GT: Greazy Viking - Forza Storefront Keywords: Viking/FYL
#14ArchSublimePosted 10/1/2012 2:30:42 PM
Oh if you wanna down Terramorphous solo in the fastest way possible that I know of without modding or using exploits, Conference Call and Bee. Bar none, PERIOD. It's what I refer to as the "Crissaegrim" of this game. Im sure someone here will get that reference lol. In other words, its game breaking, especially coupled with the Bee.
#15Nintendo guyPosted 10/1/2012 2:33:57 PM
I wonder how they didn't notice these blatantly game-breaking items were so goddamn OP?
#16ChiroteraPosted 10/1/2012 2:55:03 PM
Nintendo guy posted...
I wonder how they didn't notice these blatantly game-breaking items were so goddamn OP?

They probably noticed. But they don't care. Borderlands does not take itself seriously, and it's better for it.
---
Detroit Red Wings: #9, #12, #7, #10, #1, #19, (#6), (#16), #5
#17Nintendo guyPosted 10/1/2012 3:19:00 PM
Chirotera posted...
They probably noticed. But they don't care. Borderlands does not take itself seriously, and it's better for it.

I'm fairly positive no game is better off having blatantly game-breaking items/abilities that are clearly much better than any other option.
#18Don_of_BladesPosted 10/1/2012 3:24:18 PM
Nintendo guy posted...
Chirotera posted...

I'm fairly positive no game is better off having blatantly game-breaking items/abilities that are clearly much better than any other option.

Skullmasher wants a word with you.
#19Forever ShadowedPosted 10/1/2012 3:26:08 PM
Nintendo guy posted...
Chirotera posted...

this is a mmo, this isnt like wow trying to string along players for 8 years. its a fps first with looting and skill trees. having two extremely strong items doesnt break anything. what is there to break anyway? theres like one "raid" boss that you can beat solo in a handful of ways anyway.
---
If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
#20darkphiresagePosted 10/1/2012 3:28:48 PM
ArchSublime posted...
Oh if you wanna down Terramorphous solo in the fastest way possible that I know of without modding or using exploits, Conference Call and Bee. Bar none, PERIOD. It's what I refer to as the "Crissaegrim" of this game. Im sure someone here will get that reference lol. In other words, its game breaking, especially coupled with the Bee.

i had to take a shower after beating the game with that sword. >_>
---
vita board has literally 1 or 2 trolls - GoombaX (he was absolutely serious)