Whats the story behind this quest. (spoilers and whatnot)

#1Buring13Posted 10/1/2012 6:19:38 PM
i did the quest "Uncle Teddy" in the first playthrough and returned the weapon to T.K.s Neice, got the lady fist and all that. In 2.5, i gave the blue prints to Hyperion to get the shotgun that they said was from Hyperion.

it was Jakobs. now, i dont mind since ill never use the thing, but what gets me is the story behind this...

T.K. was doing work for Hyperion by building a Dahl Brand shotgun, which Hyperion stole to give to Jakobs who then used the wave pattern in one of their guns? Strange stuff unless i missed something here. someone elighten me if i got it wrong.
---
Forza Italia
No Miccoli, No Party
#2StormWolf12Posted 10/1/2012 6:23:11 PM(edited)
TK Baha was one of the first NPCs in the last game. He made a shot gun called TK's Wave. You got the lady finger, not the wave, they are different guns.

You eventually find TK dead in a later side quest. This quest in this game shows that it was Hyperion who sent the bandits to kill him.
#3TheLastKroganPosted 10/1/2012 6:23:46 PM
I think the developers just made a Jakobs brand, so it wouldnt be too OP. Nothing to do with the backtstory as far as i know.
---
GT: THE LAST KR0GAN
"Krogans don't need cover. Krogans ARE cover!"
#4TheLastKroganPosted 10/1/2012 6:26:40 PM
StormWolf12 posted...
TK Baha was one of the first NPCs in the last game. He made a shot gun called TK's Wave. You got the lady finger, not the wave, they are different guns.

You eventually find TK dead in a later side quest. This quest in this game shows that it was Hyperion who sent the bandits to kill him.

Really? You find him dead? What quest is this?
---
GT: THE LAST KR0GAN
"Krogans don't need cover. Krogans ARE cover!"
#5MbadinujuPosted 10/1/2012 6:30:02 PM
TheLastKrogan posted...
StormWolf12 posted...

Really? You find him dead? What quest is this?

Scooter gives it to you once you reach New Haven.
---
Salvation comes with a cost. Judge us not by our methods, but by what we seek to accomplish.
#6longinius2Posted 10/1/2012 6:36:15 PM
@StormWolf12

I believe you misheard the ECHOs in the mission though. The assassins were sent to kill T.K. before he got to Pandora. The end of the last message is something along the lines of "I strongly suggest you leave the solar system." But it was talking about a different planet than Pandora.
---
Why hit the wall? It hurts...
#7Buring13(Topic Creator)Posted 10/1/2012 11:40:22 PM
longinius2 posted...
@StormWolf12

I believe you misheard the ECHOs in the mission though. The assassins were sent to kill T.K. before he got to Pandora. The end of the last message is something along the lines of "I strongly suggest you leave the solar system." But it was talking about a different planet than Pandora.

Right, I got that, but they gave me a wave weapon while looking for the wave design blueprints (and evidence against them stealing the design), so why is Jakobs making a wave shotgun? Just found this a little odd and a bit funny.

Also to the person looking for the mission in borderlands one, Its called "Is T.K, ok?" Scooter gives it to you in New Haven.
---
Forza Italia
No Miccoli, No Party
#8longinius2Posted 10/2/2012 11:29:11 AM
Yeah, the whole Jakobs/Hyperion/Dahl thing is weird. I didn't dig into it. Has anyone gotten an actual Hyperion gun from that?

Unrelated: I've been reading boards for a while, but I don't post much. Would y'all mind filling me in on how to directly quote someone?
---
#9SchesparnPosted 10/2/2012 11:32:33 AM
longinius2 posted...
Yeah, the whole Jakobs/Hyperion/Dahl thing is weird. I didn't dig into it. Has anyone gotten an actual Hyperion gun from that?

Unrelated: I've been reading boards for a while, but I don't post much. Would y'all mind filling me in on how to directly quote someone?

Just click the "quote" link beneath their name on the left.
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#10longinius2Posted 10/2/2012 1:11:07 PM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand now I feel dumb. Thanks though.
---