Am I Under-leveled?? True Vault Hunter impossible...

#1ShankdawgPosted 10/1/2012 6:25:19 PM
Hey everyone.

I'm very early into TVH mode and just got to the mission before you're let into sanctuary. I'm a level 36 Assassin with a melee build in the "right" tree (whatever it was called).

My load-out (from memory) consists of an explosive shotgun that's around 700x11, the defiled law pistol for it's 100% melee damage buff, a corrosive sniper around 2000 dmg with burst fire and a rocket launcher with around 20,000 damage. Shield is 5000, quick recharge, short delay, add 1000+ health and hippocratic elemental buff.

I'm getting killed several times per encounter, sometimes against one enemy (lvl 35 super badass maniac). My melee damage, even at end of deception counter while using 100% melee damage weapon doesn't seem to even scratch bullymongs and rarely takes down bandits with a shield making the "many must fall" skill almost useless.

Just seeing if anybody else had this problem. It seems like all my gear sucks and that my class is defeating me. Any suggestions?
#2BobbyCreekPosted 10/1/2012 6:26:59 PM
Shankdawg posted...
Hey everyone.

I'm very early into TVH mode and just got to the mission before you're let into sanctuary. I'm a level 36 Assassin with a melee build in the "right" tree (whatever it was called).

My load-out (from memory) consists of an explosive shotgun that's around 700x11, the defiled law pistol for it's 100% melee damage buff, a corrosive sniper around 2000 dmg with burst fire and a rocket launcher with around 20,000 damage. Shield is 5000, quick recharge, short delay, add 1000+ health and hippocratic elemental buff.

I'm getting killed several times per encounter, sometimes against one enemy (lvl 35 super badass maniac). My melee damage, even at end of deception counter while using 100% melee damage weapon doesn't seem to even scratch bullymongs and rarely takes down bandits with a shield making the "many must fall" skill almost useless.

Just seeing if anybody else had this problem. It seems like all my gear sucks and that my class is defeating me. Any suggestions?

bold is your problem
#3jeriausxPosted 10/1/2012 6:27:38 PM
you need better gear.
---
GT: Shovel Hunter
#4Mortuss_ZeroPosted 10/1/2012 6:28:57 PM
I think your problem is that you're built into bloodshed. I'm not certain, but it seems to be the weakest tree for high level play.
---
Wake up and face me. Don't play dead, because maybe one day I will walk away and say "you disappoint me, maybe you're better off this way"
#5HighpitchsoloPosted 10/1/2012 6:29:09 PM
Had to get help in TVHM from the Wildlife Preserve onwards. Everyone was 2 - 5 levels higher than me. Would not have been possible by my self.

Just to kill a Super Badass Constructor v2.0, took 108 critical corrosive sniper shots (every single one was critical hit with a ~6600 damage sniper, doing ~40k per shot with crits), 8 corrosive grenades, and a lot of corrosive smg shots. Took me about 15 minutes to take it out, having to hide because he would 1hko me with rockets.
---
Stop taking exactly what I'm saying and repeating it as if its exactly what I said because it is. -Cryptospuridium
#6Irvine TomoePosted 10/1/2012 6:29:52 PM
Definitely the melee build. Deception very quickly stopped being useful when I hit TVHM.
---
Pokemon White Friendcode - 2193-7011-1635
BEEP BEEP RICHIE!
#7frogbongPosted 10/1/2012 6:31:04 PM
welcome to the sniper tree..
---
Psn- XBurningAngelX
#8PanopictonguyPosted 10/1/2012 6:32:43 PM
Highpitchsolo posted...
Had to get help in TVHM from the Wildlife Preserve onwards. Everyone was 2 - 5 levels higher than me. Would not have been possible by my self.

Just to kill a Super Badass Constructor v2.0, took 108 critical corrosive sniper shots (every single one was critical hit with a ~6600 damage sniper, doing ~40k per shot with crits), 8 corrosive grenades, and a lot of corrosive smg shots. Took me about 15 minutes to take it out, having to hide because he would 1hko me with rockets.

That seems like a Badass battle lol.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls
#9WHLTE_RLDERPosted 10/1/2012 6:34:17 PM
You need better gear or more practice with a melee specced zero.

I use a melee zero and honestly, tvhm was no problem at all for me until I got to the BNK-3R fight. I was underleveled at that point as I skipped every side quest so I could do the lvl 50 versions after doing tvhm.

If you cannot one shot multiple bullymongs using melee and the Law pistol then something is wrong.
---
GT: WHLTE RLDER
#10PanopictonguyPosted 10/1/2012 6:39:52 PM
@TC you need more slag. Doubling you're killing blow damage or deception damage could really make a difference.

What I can suggest is a Slag transfusion grenade. Slag a while group then go deception.

If you didn't already do Clan Wars in play through 1 you can get a dual element smg. Mine did Slag/Electric shredded everything.

Also you're going to go down a lot. One enemies get over level 30 the damage output leaps up. Once you get into play through 2 enemy defense and damage get multiplied.
---
Castlevania Lords Of Lycans And Trolls