Gun variety in this game is garbage. It's hard to argue that it isn't.

#1ROMKratosPosted 10/2/2012 3:45:00 AM(edited)
Once you make weapon brands quirky and too distinctive between one another, then you're making them more similar, not different.

*I should note that this is in comparison to the first title.

C/D?
---
All personnel should reach minimum safe distance immediately...
#2BhelliumPosted 10/2/2012 3:48:33 AM
Confirm for what the adverts would have you believe, or what I'd like (more E-tech please).

Deny for what is to be reasonably expected, or even compared to any other game out there. Only recent one I can think of that comes close to competing in type diversity is Mass Effect 3, tbqh.
---
P&L: Deal w/it
Cookie if you get the reference
#3Reiver_NeriahzPosted 10/2/2012 4:21:45 AM
I love your well laid out explanation.
---
GT: Reiver Neriah
Maliwan <3
#4JustArtificialPosted 10/2/2012 4:30:22 AM
Please name a game where you can come in contact with 1000's of guns. Also name 1 where guns vary in; weapon type, ammo type, type of scope, type of magazine, reload animation, weapon barrel, weapon effect, rarity, aesthetics, weapon manufacturer and bullet speed.

It's hard to argue gun variety in this game is garbage.
#5Tec187Posted 10/2/2012 4:32:08 AM
JustArtificial posted...
Please name a game where you can come in contact with 1000's of guns. Also name 1 where guns vary in; weapon type, ammo type, type of scope, type of magazine, reload animation, weapon barrel, weapon effect, rarity, aesthetics, weapon manufacturer and bullet speed.

---
Badass Rank: 8.741
ULCE #: 12.834
#6zerooo0Posted 10/2/2012 4:34:21 AM
TC must be having bad luck. I've literally found over 100 different guns on my first playthrough.(More or less around that number though)
---
Godzilla is returning to theaters in 2014(May 16)
Rejoice fellow Godzilla fans
#7SocratoPosted 10/2/2012 4:35:36 AM
I know what you mean TC. Basically there are something like 7 brands with 3 variations of each brand for a total of 21 guns (not literally, but I mean basically it's something like that). The only things that change are minor like damage, recoil etc.

I mean you got you vladof snipers, your jakobs snipers, your hyperion smgs, etc. You know what each of those mean before you even shoot the gun.
#8Square_FacePosted 10/2/2012 4:40:25 AM
ROMKratos posted...
Once you make weapon brands quirky and too distinctive between one another, then you're making them more similar, not different.

*I should note that this is in comparison to the first title.

C/D?

Huge deny. I don't know what game you're playing, buddy.
---
Good, good, very good. Let the butthurt flow.
#9Tube_of_NoobPosted 10/2/2012 4:40:49 AM
JustArtificial posted...

This....please stop trolling tc.
---
"Luckys an old buddy of mine...and by buddy I mean the a-hole that ruined my Momma's girl parts."
#10Argyle_GargoylePosted 10/2/2012 4:46:51 AM(edited)
i am confused how creating different weapons designers who all have their own distinct style and handling makes weapons variety worse.

do you just want more different designers or something?

then throw in the fact that later on in the game, you start to find weapons that mix the different tech of the designers.

you can find maliwan elementals on a dahl burst pistol, or a vladof AR that shoots torgue rockets. and those are just a few examples

the weapons variety is pretty good.

now there is a big difference between simply finding a good weapon and finding a good weapon that you actually like. thats were some of the challenge of the random loot system comes in.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!