Gun variety in this game is garbage. It's hard to argue that it isn't.

#31SchesparnPosted 10/2/2012 8:42:33 AM
Oh, I stand corrected. If you want the Guld Milla mechgun, you have to find both the Guld and Milla handguns first.

Guld either has a 1/40330 or 1/28808, or a 1/680894 chance of dropping, depending on version.

Milla either has a 1/28808 or 1/680894, depending on version.

Makes this game's 1/20 seem pretty reasonable, huh? :D
---
Look, for the last time: Kirby has explained it over and over!
http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk138/Schesparn/11911255317531.gif
#32Orange_ApplePosted 10/2/2012 8:45:38 AM
Schesparn posted...
mindandsoul posted...
They need to learn a thing or two from Phantasy Star Online, that had the best weapon system Ive ever played. Each enemy type had a rare drop and some of the rarest drops were only available to certain ids. This system had me playing for years looking for those rare drops. In this game its just too random and chaotic, they need to draw it in a bit and give us specifics to aim for and make it worth running areas repeatedly for that elusive drop.....not just bosses.

Oh yeah, PSO and its 1/12000 drops would really be right at home. xD

Years ago it was. Nowadays people cry about farming for more than an hour.
---
October 8, 2011. Some miracle.
http://i.imgur.com/Bx8s6.png
#33manonfiyaPosted 10/2/2012 8:54:48 AM
Reiver_Neriahz posted...
ROMKratos posted...
To the people on the first page who thought I simply meant in general, please refer to what I have notated by the asterisk. Obviously this game is worlds different in gun variety than COD.

And I'm not having bad luck. All of the guns feel the same, or are useless. The values for weapons aren't too divergent, and you won't find different effects on guns. Every Torgue gun feels the same, or operates completely the same. Gearbox forced a bunch of gimmicks onto manufacturers when statistics just made the guns more zany last time.

It's a step in the wrong direction, I feel. I can't tell you how many times I've picked up the (functionally) same Jakobs Minigun or the same Bombardier. In the last game, I had two Torgue Bastards so statistically different that I felt the need to use both of them (in different situations). None of that here.

Errrr, exactly. All they did was rename the second gun and put the
gun under it's proper manufacturer.

This...unless you've neglected in further explaining what exactly it is you're complaining about...

I fail to understand how you feel having two different functions between manufacturers is any more "gimmicky" than have two "Torque Bastards" being functionally different?
#34mindandsoulPosted 10/3/2012 1:49:22 AM
Schesparn posted...
Oh, I stand corrected. If you want the Guld Milla mechgun, you have to find both the Guld and Milla handguns first.

Guld either has a 1/40330 or 1/28808, or a 1/680894 chance of dropping, depending on version.

Milla either has a 1/28808 or 1/680894, depending on version.

Makes this game's 1/20 seem pretty reasonable, huh? :D

You miss my point. PSO drop rates were too stingy but the system itself was genius. This system is so random it becomes meaningless in the end unless you farm bosses....if they structured it like PSO farming would be far more enjoyable.
#35TyphlaxPosted 10/3/2012 1:52:44 AM
i didnt even know there were manufacturers in the first game until i started farming for orange guns.

i much prefer this system.
---
TyphlosionEXplOsIOn
GT: Pyroskank
#36mindandsoulPosted 10/4/2012 12:52:35 AM
I dont really take much notice of the manufacturer the stats are more important to me. The unorganised random chaos of the weapon drops is the only irritant for me but as i said i think i have been spoiled by games that did it much better.
#37InfernalLurkerPosted 10/4/2012 1:16:58 AM
Its hard to deny that there are an abundance of trash weapons in this game. In that respect, I feel the TC's pain.
---
Leveling up jobs is a means to an end. It isn't content.
#38CatfishWigginsPosted 10/4/2012 1:51:27 AM
Agree with TC. I know to not even bother with Jakob's guns on my Zerker. I just keep my eye out for Torgue weapons now... In BL1 you would look at every purple gun that dropped and it could be an upgrade, but... I just hate Jakob's and Tediore's effects so much.
---
Aught ought not have naught for recompense.
#39PPPPLAASSUMAPosted 10/4/2012 3:06:35 AM
Really this perspective that "gun variety is garbage" is more due to a persons personality than any factual basis that you could "argue". I don't quite know how to put this without pissing people off, but you probably complain about a lot of things (most everything) if this bothers you all that much. People who are more content with what they get in general are probably just fine with it.

But hey, that's just what people do nowadays. Tear everything down and rip it apart. Doesn't even matter what it is. "Oh, well this diamond encrusted gold Rolex doesn't have that many diamonds on it...." Personally I think it's just craziness but hey what are you gonna do?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtxCr5ju2EE&feature=related - If you played Mystical Ninja 64, you need to click this.
#40NinjaDeath911Posted 10/4/2012 3:24:47 AM
People are just crying because every assault rifle doesn't fire like a M4

BUT if you played through the game you would see the guns improve in design and performance.